Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

Landlord DLX mower deck

Brettw

We just got a Landlord DLX for my brother. One issue we are trying to sort out, is that the engine drive pulley makes contact with the upright support members of the deck, that the mounting bracket pins to, when turning hard left. We thought it was a tweaked mounting bracket, but I also noticed if the deck is in the raised position, the belt rubs on the same place as the pulley hits.

Do I need to order a bracket? Or is there something else going on? It seems that the pulley may be too low? Front axle bushing? It seems to me the clearance is a bit tight and the slight tweaking of the bracket does not seem to justify the close tolerance.

PO mentioned something about needing to change the belt. Thinking back, the way he said it sounded like it was a regular routine. The belt that was on the tractor looked fairly new, and now it's lunched. Obviously, there is something going on.

Brettw
quote:If the deck is in the lowered position (ready to cut), do you have adequate clearance?id="quote">
id="quote">

Just. As long as you are not turning hard left. And I can't really tell what is going on while mowing. As tight as the clearance seems to be, while mowing and the deck moving around, I would have to believe the true answer to your question is, no.

Brettw

I believe we have found the issue. As I thought it through, there simply was not a good explanation for the issue. The front axle is fine, no slop. The mower bracket was not tweaked very much at all, after further thought, not nearly enough to cause the problem; these decks are designed to float and move and are well built so they don't flex when banging into stuff. The clearance was just too close.

So lastly my mind went to the drive pulley. Something isn't installed correctly. Sure enough, someone has two spacers where they don't belong, therefore lowering the pulley where it doesn't belong. Simple fix and we'll be back in business.

BLT
quote:Originally posted by Brettw

Sure enough, someone has two spacers where they don't belong, therefore lowering the pulley where it doesn't belong. Simple fix and we'll be back in business.

id="quote">
id="quote">dOd