Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SethL007

sweep sweep SWEEPSTER baby!!!

SethL007

FINALLY i have a sweepster in MY garage!! Been watching for one ever since Josh posted his last year or whenever that was. This one is in pretty nice shape and runs quite smoothly. Will probably just sell the Big Ten that it is on. Has a 16hp engine that runs great and also came with the rear counter weight, snowblower actuator rod bracket, and the baby moon hubcaps (a bit rusty). All in all i am quite happy!! Let the fun begin!!

sweepgood.jpg

sweep.jpg

sweep5.jpg

sweep4.jpg

sweep3.jpg

sweep2.jpg

fishnwiz

That darn Josh is a bad influence!:D

Super nice find...I see the dogs head is stuck in the sweepster :o

SWEEEET!8D

SethL007

Yes ronin it was from Maryland. Sorry for beating you to the punch I have been watching for quite a while. He was a super nice guy he even drove 2 hours to meet me for no extra charge

SethL007

will get you guys some pictures tomarrow. dont know that mine is factory either but i will say it works good. i was going to ask to see what your guys' look like.

SethL007

lol well its the way i got it but i had to laugh myself when i saw it. dont know that i have seen one wore down that bad!! from the looks of it i believe this machine has had the sweper on it for quite a while

mwells

I think that's factory. Does the lift cable just rub on the bottom of the engagement rod bracket or is there a pulley on it? Thanks for taking some pictures! Min is just set up using the snowblower engagement bracket with a rod that has a tab welded to thw bottom of it to hold it disengaged. Then I made a lift rod for it.

mwells

I think that's factory. Does the lift cable just rub on the bottom of the engagement rod bracket or is there a pulley on it? Thanks for taking some pictures! Min is just set up using the snowblower engagement bracket with a rod that has a tab welded to thw bottom of it to hold it disengaged. Then I made a lift rod for it.

B10Dave
:o Seth; the "Crosby clip" on the cable needs to be put on the opposite way. The saddle goes on the tension part of the cable and the u bolt goes on the cut off or dead end. Never saddle a dead horse. Saddle keeps the tensioned cable from being crushed and fraying....Dave

perry
quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

:o Seth; the "Crosby clip" on the cable needs to be put on the opposite way. The saddle goes on the tension part of the cable and the u bolt goes on the cut off or dead end. Never saddle a dead horse. Saddle keeps the tensioned cable from being crushed and fraying....Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">good info dave ;)nice find on the sweepster

Tacey

Really nice attachment. I have wanted a sweepster for ten years. They never come up for sale near me. Good for you!

I would be tempted to keep the tractor. You know the old rule...one attachment per tractor!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Orangeman
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts