Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Here's a puzzle

rokon2813

I have the part number 1685238and the name "Wheel Kit"and I have the instructions, so ......What is the purpose ??I think I know from the instructions, and I think it was only dealer installed.Anybody ???

wheel kit 1.jpg

wheel kit 2.jpg

wheel kit 3.jpg

57e058455614c_wheelkit1.jpg.a145896104b86fd237aa0ffbe8d2fa9b.jpg

57e0584567348_wheelkit2.jpg.f631a5477a39ae06288422138611d3dc.jpg

57e0584579b7d_wheelkit3.jpg.f784be6b0819c581bc1c5cc88fcefbe0.jpg

Almost looks like you could use them to make wheel weights, pouring cement around the assy. Otherwise, you got me!

It looks like a kit to move aftermarket wheel weights outboard of the simplicity center hub on the right axle, and also space the left one the same.

Now, has anyone ever seen a set?

The installation instructions are very clear about checking the wheel hubs for breaks or cracks, so as far as I can tell these were field installed on weak wheels that had a tendancy to break the hubs out.

The large ring goes on the outside of the wheel, and the half rings go on the inside to strengthen the center hubs.

The 2 extra holes line up with the original wheel weight holes so they can still be used.

Thanks Todd and Bob. Those instructions are what I have, but they don't really say what tractors or why.

Now I know at least the 6000 series used them. I will have to search the wheel part numbers to see what else. ;)