Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

38" HD Tiller?

bigdog46

I picked up this tiller today and the PO stated that it was a 38" HD tiller although it appears different than the part no. 1690287 tiller that is pictured on Simple trACtors site. He stated that it was over 30 years old. Any ideas ?? How much is it worth?

till1res.jpg

till2res.jpg

till3res.jpg

till4res.jpg

till1res.jpg.d15ebb0b9f5cfb0dd2a378a5e1ab428f.jpg

till2res.jpg.f24adc49d896dda687c9fea5cfad06da.jpg

till3res.jpg.3949c0e51842a775e70f1e8c1792ef30.jpg

till4res.jpg.4cdd8c0fd6417f2f028d5dae1d4f2849.jpg

well it is built like my 38" hd but it has the pto engagement bracket for the older fdt tractors. doesnt have the rubber bushings on the hitch. i will watch this post to see what others have to say. interesting!!

It looks much like a Sovereign 38" HD tiller but . . . the drive is on the wrong end. Mine is painted orange. I have never seen a black one. Ditto what Seth said.

1 hitch mount looks bent. is it a bit wider than normal? Did they make one for the 300 400 series with the odd hitch? What size is the round shaft?

looks a lot like a revitalizer that was retrofitted with tines instead of blades.

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

looks a lot like a revitalizer that was retrofitted with tines instead of blades.

id="quote">
id="quote">Bingo...that's a revitalizer with tiller tines. Neat idea...dunno if it's heavy enough to run off the end drive though. That's a lot of stress for the Revitalizer setups I've seen. Also looks to have a hitch modified to fit a 300/400 AC.

As I review all of your observations, I agree that it appears to be a revitalizer modified with tiller tines. I will hook it up and try it out in my garden as soon as it dries out. The PO says it does a good job of tilling. Thanks for all the comments. Gary

It looks like it would...I'd like to understand how he fitted the tines to it. Did he simply slide tiller shafts on the main shaft of the unit, and pin them? I've never had a Revitalizer apart to understand how the typical setup is. As I think about it, I like that setup more than a standard willer with extensions, but a Revitalizer wouldn't have space under the shroud for tiller tines, would it?

Almost looks like he extended the bearing plates downward to make the room needed.

Looking closer at it, he swapped out the chaincase...maybe the whole LH side of the unit. Here's OEM. Very interesting!

DSCF2009.JPG

The PO used to work for Allis Chalmers in the 60's & 70's and is very mechanical. I think it will work ok when I have a chance to try it out. Gary

It is a secret protype that was designed at the factory and just prior to being destroyed, it was mistakenly misplaced and slipped out of the factory to remain hidden out of site until now!:D

Oh boy is this great!

*tap*tap*tap,,,,,, Chris!! Chris!!, Wake up dude, you fell asleep in front of your computer.sm00sm00sm00

Tim it was a Barrett Jackson moment. I enjoy watching the classic cars coming across the block especially the prototypes that fetch an amazing amount of money.

I imagined the hybrid tiller being a prototype.

The guy built this from parts of other attachments he had around (why not...if you work a Chalmers you likely grab lots of odd parts to take home) Who knows maybe he was in the R&D Dept..?

Nice find sm01