Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
farmtoybuilder

Old pictures I found! " MEMORIES"

farmtoybuilder

Here's a few old pictures I found last week. Brings back lots of Memories! Man I wish we had one of each. The bee-ten with blade and hydraulic lift is one us boys got to play with, The B-112 was early one 68, Narrow tires on rear. Dad gave us boys a new Garden Tractor to use each year. The following year we got HB112 with hydraulic lift and lots of accessories. Those were the good old days! I Wish we still had those new in crate mowers and other items in the last picture!

AC_equipment_lot_small.jpg

shop_1968small.jpg

b112_parade1968cropped.jpg

AC_equipment_lot_small.jpg.714e385ab87f28aef23db9a3c7a1bd5c.jpg

shop_1968small.jpg.d9f862c2f81de3a5e348b7800af61b31.jpg

b112_parade1968cropped.jpg.025bd8b95b8e064795309def7e4f9f62.jpg

mwells

Wow! Great pictures! Looks like you had a lot of neat toys growing up! I'm a die hard Allis man so I love seeing old photos like that! Thanks for sharing!

farmtoybuilder

:D Some of the neighbors in town didn't like the stack. One older fellow called and complained about us boys running up and down the allies and main road a few times. Dad just said idle bye his place if you can!sm02Before we moved out to the farm I remember running it bye his house a few times that day wide open and just smiled at him. Stack stayed on until Dad sold it. We had a blast on them! Wish I could find rest of the pictures of the HB112 and HB212. They had hydraulic lift,hub caps,tool box,work lights on them. HB212 was last AC GT we had as youngsters. As I didn't like the 300's and we're quitting AC at that time anyway. So then we had lots of different Kubota compact tractors as we had 3-4 acres of yard at the farm. Plus a couple at the store. Today we use a 45HP JD hydro 4wd with LP 12' finish mower and a couple of smaller Kubota compacts with 5' mowers. And once in a while still use first tractor Dad sold new 1955 Allis CA with 6' woods belly mower. That's where I'm headed now, out to mow grass!

CA_dads_touching_up small.jpg

57e05e71b557c_CA_dads_touching_upsmall.jpg.5d97a9ba038702768df028398399c256.jpg

farmtoybuilder

Yes I love see old dealer pictures also. Man I wish Dad would have saved one them in new in crate tractors. Hind sight, Man we could be very well off if we had a barn full of old new items. When we quit AC, I remember taking lots of literature and extra operators manuals and burning them in trash barrels. Makes me sick when I see what it brings today! Will post some more when I find them. sm01

fishnwiz

Awesome pics. You don't see a lot of old garden tractor pics. Thanks for posting as they are supper cool!8D

farmtoybuilder

Don't know who owned that one. original uncropped picture shows another one behind it! There quite a few of old and new mustangs in the area. One local family has a building full of them (old ones)and have a couple they still drag race with. My dream car is 63 spilt window Corvette!

bowhunt4life

My uncle Greg bought a 1963 split window corvette his first week back from Vietnam in 1966. He owned it for three years, crashed it three different times and fixed it all three times. Sold it to a local friend of his and it was around a few years until the friend moved and took the corvette with him. The corvette dissappeared in 1972 the year I was born.

I can remember hearing stories about this car and seeing pictures of it and wishing as a kid it was still around. I can also remember my dad, Uncle Jeff and Uncle Greg all wondering what ever happened to that car.

Sadly my Uncle Greg has been gone for 9 years. Last weekend when I went on a Simplicity scavenger hunt and bought a Brinly Plow and small frame grader, all because I put a wanted ad on c-list. I was talking with the guy and we starting talking about Mauston, WI my Dad's home town. Long story short he knew my dad, Uncle Jeff and Uncle Greg. We thought small world!

His next comment was "I HAVE YOUR UNCLE GREG'S CORVETTE IN MY GARAGE", I went "ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I went on to tell him the story of how we all wondered and how uncle Greg had died. I asked if I could see the corvette and he said of course.

The 1963 numbers matching corvette was in the process of restoration, the same guy that bought in 1969 still had it he owned his own body shop. The frame was done, the body in primer and awaiting paint. He was enjoying retirement and not in a rush to finish the corvette.

It was like seeing a ghost from my past and sooooo cool!8D

2013-06-15082618_zpscf7c2b28.jpg

farmtoybuilder

Chris That's Great! It's a small world for sure! Now if you could get it back would be Fantastic!!!!!!!!! But at least you know where's its at now and hopefully current owner gets it finished and back on the road. And I'm sure you'll stay in touch with him. sm04

I'll keep on dreaming of owning one. sm01

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• a_sannine
    • redbeard
    • TomSchmit
    • ScottL
    • Bill725
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts