Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Alternative to Jacks?

maxtorman1234

I've been making a list of parts I need for a while now, got a bunch of prices from Jacks and my order is about $350, I can't get a response from them regarding shipping, sent 2 emails over the last 3 days and im pretty annoyed I haven't been responded to. What other places are there to get parts from instead of Jacks? Somewhere that will respond to customers!? I searched the site but didn't find anything, if I can't find anywhere else I will have to call and ask why im not getting a reply. Thanks!

My local dealers prices are the same as Jack`s and sometimes cheaper. Another member from the UK recently had the same complaint about Jack`s. I shipped him the parts. If you can`t get a response from them send me a email and I am willing to pickup the parts and ship to you if paid for in advanced.

Why don't you just call them. Businesses have a lot of E Mails come in, so that's part of the reasons they have a toll free number. I wouldn't put down jacks just because of an E-Mail situation.

Pick up the phone and call them, I know it is old fashioned but it sometimes is the way to get results....Having said that I would try Sandy Lake Implement.

Calling them is a good idea but a far as Jacks goes, companies should communicate with their customers and the email should be good enough. It's a competitive world out there and if you want to win business and keep that business, the way to do it is through customer satisfaction. Hopefully Jacks reads this and cleans up their act. Sometimes companies become so successful they forget the things that made them great. There's no excuse for lack of communication.

I agree, but honestly, if I have a choice between the two, I would pick up the phone. It's a lot easier to pick up the phone and dial

1-877-737-2787 and then speak to a live person. I get all my parts through Jack's for not just my mowers, but other stuff as well. When I have a question, I will want to speak one on one with someone. And Rick, I think that is an excellent point you made.

i always call them or since i live close becaus eif you order it they usually dont let you know if they have for about a week

In almost every instance, my local dealer has been within a buck or two of online places on orders of $50 - $75 or so. With that, I can actually talk to a guy in person, get advice, and I support my local area. For me, it is a win-win-win to use the local guy. I have used Jacks and had decent service, sepw was ok too. They seem cheaper till you add the shipping. My local guy doesn't charge shipping as long as I can wait the one or two days till their usual order is shipped. I do pay the tax buying locally, but as I said, when all is added up, about a wash for price.

Thanks everyone, I finally got a reply from Jacks, and Thanks for the offer Ray, I'll check around at the other places and see what their prices are like. I agree calling would be best, but I also agree with Rick, it shouldn't be that hard to reply to emails in a decent time. Up here in Canada prices are typically double or more than what I'm finding at Jacks or the other places mentioned here, for example the double v belt for the sunstar deck is $40 from Jacks and from my local dealer is $95 plus tax! I need 2 belts, that's over $200 alone vs $80 even with shipping and possible tax at the border I'll still save a lot.

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd update on this, I had the parts shipped to a friend in the USA so I wouldn't' have any chance of things getting messed up at the border. Overall, other than taking 3 weeks to ship after I ordered, I received everything I ordered, In good condition with no errors. Slow, but seems they are competent. Overall I'm very pleased and had no troubles. Over ordering parts locally from Canada, I've saved about $300. Well worth it!