Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My little PTO

huffy

I finally found a rear PTO for my Sunstar. It arrived in the mail yesterday. Now I just have to find the time to figure out how to wire it up. Dan sent me a manual with a wiring diagram, but wiring/electrical always confuses the bejesus out of me. It'd be easier if the front and rear wiring harnesses had come with it, but they didn't, and Jack's doesn't carry replacements [part #'s 1677494 (rear) and 1677494(front), in the slim chance someone's got some laying around].

rear PTO 1.jpg

rear PTO 2.jpg

57e058484dc3f_rearPTO1.jpg.21ddc3f59ea0d9baa7ccd855459bea58.jpg

57e058485f23e_rearPTO2.jpg.3df4e660edfad50b93a72a37a33d2f14.jpg

It's got a plug on it, is there a female receptacle already on the machine waiting for it?

quote:Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy

It's got a plug on it, is there a female receptacle already on the machine waiting for it?

id="quote">
id="quote">That would be very nice if Simplicity would have the wiring plug and play ready but I know from having several of the Sunstars that the wiring is not there at the rear of the tractor though it does have some of the needed hook ups behind the dash. If someone has the wiring diagram in pdf format it will show you where the wires need to go. I have a paper wiring diagram but am currently having issues with my scanner.Dan

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts