Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is there such a thing as tractor ADD?

littlemarv

.......Because I seem to be suffering from it badly.Here is the B-10 restoration I started on January 1, 2013. Some of you may remember reading about it.

tiller12.JPG

Now its a pile of parts in my basement.I worked on it frantically, until suddenly, I'm almost ready for paint, and only paint outside, so that project stalled. I've got plenty to do on it yet, but it seemed to lose its urgency.So, I improved my 416,

day 12 029.jpg

Some of you may remember reading about it.Then, I decided to get my B-1 out and see if I could resurrect it. I pulled the motor, gave it a visual inspection, fixed the steering and driveshaft (lots of bolts laying in frame, I actually found them all) and put it back together. It fired right up, but oil is running out of the front crank seal, and as soon as the engine gets up to temp it quits- I think the points plunger is sticking in the bore.Put that one out back and dropped it to the bottom of my ever lengthening list.

b1 002.jpg

When I'm not out starting new projects, I'm on this computer looking for parts or ideas for anything else I may be into.Thats how I found THIS newest project

wd 1.jpg

wd 2.jpg

Its a WD with a 5' king kutter.Found it on CL, guy bought it cheap from a family member so he could mow some property he was looking to buy, then the land deal fell through, and now here he sits in town with a farm tractor and mower. He said he just wants his money back out of it, and it may need a clutch adjustment, so I go screaming over to his place with a trailer, I laid in his driveway for 2 hours tinkering and tapping and adjusting, finally I told him it needs a clutch and would he knock off for the cost of a clutch, he said no. A week later I checked back with him and asked how the tractor selling was going- he says "Not so good, I'm still looking at it."Turns out everyone else ran when they saw it needed a clutch. So, he took my offer. So, heres todays labor....

clutch job 001.jpg

I've never split a tractor before. Don't laugh.I think this may have something to do with it not wanting to go into gear....

clutch job 003.jpg

So, if you guys need anything started and not finished, by all means stop over. I'm developing quite a knack for it.One of these years I've got to stop new projects and finish all the old ones....Hold that thought, I've gotta go check craigslist. There may be something new up for grabs.

tiller12.JPG.f45e9c25632b907e5f88de913b5550ae.JPG

57e0584a52a33_day12029.jpg.209f464d02f657f97990c60780985eb6.jpg

57e0584ad1f07_b1002.jpg.0a5b2925e7d52cfa06f15757912e6e52.jpg

57e0584ae298e_wd1.jpg.ec678a75f4ed83bd37afdf5376084001.jpg

57e0584af2f03_wd2.jpg.a65ac9ea53fd2bfdd109664d6ed11f2a.jpg

57e0584b10559_clutchjob001.jpg.c1eb2e1eda366c52f392bacdf0c2e189.jpg

57e0584b26a36_clutchjob003.jpg.ef6d0b7ecb855149e04efd8f4006abc4.jpg

Don't feel bad, I have. B112 in two big pieces on my trailer and a a B12 front end sitting next to it. One day I may have a full machine that resembles a tractor, and runs.

Issues?? I have a few...not only do I have 16 garden tractors....I have almost a complete 63 tbird convert in my basement and a complete Roadster in my garage sm00

I got too much stuff. Just realize I cant start on it till I finish one. I got an 85 Chev pick up tore apart and a 2010 Lanlord in pieces. Then I got the little stuff to do to keep stuff going.

I currently have at least seven GTs torn down awaiting attention and don't get me started on the trucks, and farm tractors needing attention.B) You are doing just fine.

quote:So, if you guys need anything started and not finished, by all means stop over. I'm developing quite a knack for it.

One of these years I've got to stop new projects and finish all the old ones....

id="quote">
id="quote">

LOL! :D

You are not alone on this.

Here's what you do---give all the money to the boss and tell her only to give you money for parts to fix up what you have. Have her bring in a computer repairman to block searches on Craigslist and ask her to reward you extra special when you finish a projet,8D8D8D8D8D

I joined this site because I bought 1 1/2 Broadmoors to make into a working lawnmower for my 1/2 acre of grass. I now have 2 1/2 broadmoors, A/C 414s, and a Simplicity 4108. None of them can cut a single blade and I just had shoulder surgery and can't touch them for 3 months. If I get any one of them working by spring '14, it'll be a moral victory. B) ( my wife thinks I'm a loon!) Dave

Wow! I'm glad I'm not alone...It seems like my project list only get longer, if I knock one thing off the list I'll add 3 more on.

I think you and I have the same problem. I have an early B-10 I started on in 2005? Still in peices but most of the work is completed. Then there's the B-212 I started on in 2007? Then the B-12 that blew a BGB in 2008. The B-110 that cannot be used since the hydrolift cylinder has needed resealed since 2006. Theres the magnatrac that needed a nest cleaned from under the blower shroud since 2003. Theres also the 3410 that has needed a valve job since 2006. Yep you don't have it too bad just yet....If you're not careful you'll end up with this mess...

IMG_8623.jpg

IMG_8623.jpg.794aa1e22132ab64867d351aad5979ad.jpg

Rayan thats how guys loose there parts..."disassemble and forget" (love that B1sm01)

instead of ADD I'm OCD so my thing is 1 job at a time then clean shop and move to next job...and repeat

so Chris seeing your shop makes my heart palpatate & BP go up sm00

Greg I'll make sure not to post more shop pics, I don't want you to have a heart attack:O After all these are just the inside projects, then there are the ones in the house and out under tarps, and the other shed too.

Thanks Chris :DI cant say anything about your outdoor collection cuz I got that going on too. I try not to look out there too much though

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Greg I'll make sure not to post more shop pics, I don't want you to have a heart attack:O After all these are just the inside projects, then there are the ones in the house and out under tarps, and the other shed too.

id="quote">
id="quote">