Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new project!

simpli-dragon

Brand new member here just saying hello. I came across what I think is a '64 landlord on craigslist while looking for something with a sickle bar mower to take on a field.Here are the pics from the post and exactly as I found it sitting when I arrived. I probably paid too much but what a set of attachments!

3I93J93H25G65E65Fed64311bdaac90ed181b.jpg

3K43M43J25N65E15Mdd64cade15e80ba51a09.jpg

3K43I13M15Nf5F15Jad646edfd24791951539.jpg

In all I got a non-running tractor with both original (23D) and "replacement" (can't find any numbers) engine, both turn free, sickle mower complete with swath board and cable lift, wheel weights, tiller and PTO pulleys, blower, and a 32" deck that looks more like the broadmoor one.

3I93J93H25G65E65Fed64311bdaac90ed181b.jpg.c2f6b3dc349896462fbfd9162be89b89.jpg

3K43M43J25N65E15Mdd64cade15e80ba51a09.jpg.680fd61d14d2e24aecd40f60fe6d9977.jpg

3K43I13M15Nf5F15Jad646edfd24791951539.jpg.868ba71ce3a4ef7e55f3d0279d0e8add.jpg

Todd welcome to the club. I saw that listing on c-list. The deck is not for the landlord and yes you got a good bunch of attachments. I don't know much about the snow blowers but folks around here will chime.

Plus you are a fellow Wisconsinite too! You should come down to Portage, WI on July 12, 13 or 14 as there will be a tractor show at the Columbia County fair grounds and there will be few members there with their rides.

Chris

Welcome to the club, great find for sure.The tractors are pretty easy to get running again, and with all the toys you should be set to do anything you need to.

Welcome Todd.

I'll echo Chris' remark. I'm planning on attending the Pardeeville show as well.

As for the deck, it is correct for that tractor.

Let's see if we're in the right ballpark.

Sickle bar, $400.00

Tiller, $150-200ish depending on if the mule drive is included.

Mower, $75-$100

Snowblower, $150-200 depending on the condition of the inside of the housing.

Headlight bar, $75-$100 as it is one of the more hard to come by pieces on the tractor.

Stackable wheel weights, $100+ for the pair.

Many of the parts that tend to wear out are still available.

I'm in for $800 at this point so not as bad as I thought. The drive for the tiller was mounted on the tractor... checked before I loaded it. I have a friend 15 miles away with a full CNC shop so unobtainable parts just means I have to go machine it myself :P

My dad wanted a tiller for his Legacy XT till he saw the price for it and the rear PTO. Since I was looking for something with a sickle we decided to go in on this together. When he helped load that little 32" deck he said it weighed as much as his 42!

I was very impressed by the low amount of rust, and then it is just a bit of surface rust. I want a work tractor not a show piece, but I like to keep things "classic"

We are getting biblical rains lately and I wanted to get a change of scenery so just decided to go look at this. We took a trailer just in case of course. I hope to tear down the original 23D tonight. Feels like I need to fix the keyway in the steering arm and want to investigate the play in the BGB. It isn't terrible but I would rather tighten it up before use than trash the gears.

I will try to keep that weekend open... it's only a couple of hours from me.

I want to put out a big thank you to the club for all of the great info that I gleaned before going to check this one out. I figured I already got my $$ worth so ponied up for the membership when I brought her home.

dOd

Ohhh... Forgot the baby generator. Don't laugh, saturday night it would have been handy when my regular one wouldn't start and the storms took the power out... Did they ever make a water pump??? I might need one soon.

Nice find! One of my first tractors was a 63/4 LL. One thing to look at while you have the 23 apart is the governor. That was a fatal issue with my 23, wore out, let go and took the block with it! I think I ended up with a 16hp in it afterwards!

I can't tell by the photo wether or not the 32" deck is original to the LL. I believe it was either standard or an option and the 42 was most certainly an option, even the mid pto was optional too iirc.

Good luck with it!

Awesome find good thing you jumped on it, or someone else would've. Looks like a great restoration project. I always wanted to try one of those sickle mowers on these lawn tractors. Have fundOd

Welcome Todd...Congrats on a nice collection of equipment. That was a good find with the sickle mower, very rare around here. Good luck and keep us posted with lots of pics dOd

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! Great find with alot of extras! SWEEEET!dOd Nice job and great pics...I like the "as found" Pics almost as much as the trailer pics!;) Thanks for sharing!

Tim are you sure that is the correct deck? It looks like a broadmoor deck. My 64 landlord had a 42" deck that looked nothing like that.

They day they posted that I snapped an e-mail off to them asking if they'd separate... they said no.

Enjoy and welcome to the club!

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

Tim are you sure that is the correct deck? It looks like a broadmoor deck. My 64 landlord had a 42" deck that looked nothing like that.

id="quote">
id="quote">Look at the belt stops around the pulley. The belt is powered from the rear. On a Broadmoor, the deck belt comes in from the front and wraps around the rear of the pulley and there are no belt stops.At least I have never seen belt stops on a Broadmoor deck.sm00sm00Mike, (Burntime) has one like that on his 101.