Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7117 six speed

wheezytick

My 7117 six speed wont shift from the high to low gears, what do I need to adjust? It will switch if I pull the seat up and force it over, tomorrow I'm going to adjust the clutch, foot brake, I'm going to go through it and adjust everything, but manual doesn't mention the 6 speed?

You may need to lube all the moving parts of the 6 speed linkage. Lube well with medium weight oil, hold the clutch pedal down and work the linkage several times until it becomes free. If the slide rail is gummed with old, dry oil, clean with solvent and re-lube.

quote:Originally posted by JimDk

You may need to lube all the moving parts of the 6 speed linkage. Lube well with medium weight oil, hold the clutch pedal down and work the linkage several times until it becomes free. If the slide rail is gummed with old, dry oil, clean with solvent and re-lube.

id="quote">
id="quote">Ditto!

The 7117 and 917 6-speeds are rare...most had hydros. The 6-speed is identical in all 7000/700/7100/900 tractors. Such as a 710 or 7010 6-speed. Use those as reference for your adjustments.

As posted above you just need a little bit of lube. I had a similar issue on my 710, actually the reason the guy sold it, said it wouldn't come out of low range. I got it home looked it over realized nothing was broken or bent put some oil on a few key places and it shifts like butter. :D