Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7117 To 920

sispro

Here is what I started with and how it looks now.

I don't have the decals yet for going to take about a month to afford them.

Hope this is the right place to show this.

This has also been re powered with a Kohler 20 hp magnum

advD6yHq.jpgabbtpnIF.jpg

acrcw6pz.jpgacsOhJnw.jpg

abpuaG8r.jpgabtjRgo6.jpg

ablqPXbg.jpgadfnSMpG.jpg

acwbp2FQ.jpgadbf3400.jpg

abyIcytv.jpgabnvJt3i.jpg

acgO1lgr.jpgacgnODaI.jpg

abc6i53I.jpgacd3EOde.jpg

acm1xLOe.jpgabeYUQGb.jpg

abgL72UK.jpgabvnuDmP.jpg

addz4Fxc.jpgacc5fF4Z.jpg

abteYxDk.jpg

Looks like a great project but the pics are all thumbnails. Any way you can make them bigger for us? I'd like to see the work in detail.

Cool project but those photobucket url lonks are an eye sore. I always have to modify them or just paste direct image link into code.

When uploading pics I just take the original file and save it as a .jpg. When I do this, I make sure the size of the pic is under 100k so it will upload properly. Here's an example:

3410 post pic.jpg

57e05e7e5a28a_3410postpic.jpg.c669e0641e417d04473c0a32d5c501dc.jpg

That looks great! I have a gallon of the Corporate Orange here. Will look into getting some sandblasting done this week. Now you got me fired up about restoring my 917H Honda repower.

Our Sovereign went on to be a 918 Allis Chalmers. Swapped hoods with a parts tractor we had picked up and its also a round headlight Allis Chalmers. Son likes the name and the color.

The heat shield won't fit unless I do some cutting.

If you look at the oil filter you will see how the shield on the motor comes up I will have to cut that off where it is touching the muffler. which is no biggie I guess

Looks good, I did very similar with a 7116 I bought with a knocking Briggs, threw it away and dripped in a M18, ten times the tractor now, And all orange, I don't care for the white hood especially

• 9 months later...

Since I have to cut the frame can someone give the measurements from the front to back where the first cut is.

how far down and over

thank you

I am not understanding why you have to cut the frame. The M20 and KT17 are the same dimensions, exactly. The only additional cutting you may have to do, is notch a bit more for the oil filter?

100_2087.JPG

100_2087.JPG.cfa573b0b8294c074c4edf65ce6fb4c6.JPG

I thought the article said "7117-920", and the frame I see pictured is factory cut for a KT engine. I must have misunderstood. I do see from the pictures, after paint, someone has hacked a big chunk out of the right side of the frame. That would appear to be a huge weak point now.