Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sispro

Need Help With Exhaust

sispro

I have taken off a K-17 and replace it with a 20hp magnum as you can see the muffler on the 17 is a little short to work trying to see what to use to use the 17 manifolds because the 20 came with a y pipe of its own as you can see I don't want to cut my hood or anything I have a stack muffler I want to put on. so here is some photos to look at.

adprQQWn.jpgabcu4Sns.jpg

abxhD4Aa.jpgadhqu26G.jpg

acw3Sefi.jpgabhBbf1A.jpg

PeppyDan

That is very odd that the muffler does not fit because the magnum 20 and the Kt series engines are dimensionally the same. I'm to understand correctly that the pics shown of the Magnum are with the KT exhaust manifolds?

Dan

ReedS

I know this will sound like I am being a smart alec but did you try loosening the manifolds to see if they will shift a little? Your not off by much!

sispro

I got it on a good smack with a rubber hammer put it right on.

still got to find a place that can make me one cause I want to put my stack on there

John_in_Oxford
quote:Originally posted by sispro

I got it on a good smack with a rubber hammer put it right on. still got to find a place that can make me one cause I want to put my stack on there

id="quote">
id="quote">LOL! The difference between a DIY and a professional mechanic is not whether one uses a hammer or not - it's knowing WHERE to smack - erm, "adjust" with said hammer!;)

MikeES

I would take those "wings" off the discharge of the cylinder shrouds. The KTs in the AC/Sims don't have them. They look like they will interfere with the muffler shroud and could cause heating issues.

I have an M20 in a 917 frame, I cut out only a little sliver of the frame for oil filter removal.

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by mikeman

Nothing but red x's.Sorry it is a work computer thing.

id="quote">
id="quote">Ditto...I never have problems seeing pics. Bummer, I'd like to see this setup.

Talntedmrgreen

Dunno...strange. On my computer they show up as red X's, and on my smartphone they show up as blue question marks. I can see pics in all other posts on the site :(

dhoadley

For what its worth, I can see pics fine, and on an older desktop running XP.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Dunno...strange. On my computer they show up as red X's, and on my smartphone they show up as blue question marks. I can see pics in all other posts on the site :(

id="quote">
id="quote">