Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Adjusting the hydrostatic

sispro

I have been beating my head against the wall on trying to get my 920 from drifting forward or backward.

Is there an easy way to get it to be right like it was when it was new I am lost on this thing.

I'd like to know also. My 718 creeps in either direction dependant on if I shift out of neutral or reverse. I do find if I drop the throttle to low it does not creep in neutral. The AC 718 shop manual has a procedure for correcting this but seems to indicate you can correct for one direction of creep/drift, but mine does it in either. If I get some time, I'll mess with the adjustment and report back. It might be a bit (busy with work) but I'll check back in.

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEAGP_etH1tG5EPl7mRgtLvBCd6

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCCEN8csM7rE3CGh54bp796Dq

Hmmm. Getting to the bottom of it myself, I'd jack the tractor up so there's no risk of it moving on me, then disconnect the linkage from the hydro.

If I could then find "neutral", by moving the lever on the hydro shaft by hand, I'd have to go back and figure out where all the slop in the linkage is that is causing it to overshoot when going from Forward/Reverse/Neutral.

The adjustment by the book is very sensitive but it will do the trick. Check the red roller to make sure it's not worn because that could make it impossible to get right.

Be safe, but the only way I have been able to do this effectively is with the tractor up on jackstands and running.