Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
D10-Allis

Allis Chalmers 8 HP Generator GP-3.5

D10-Allis

Picked this up Today at a local Auction, Didn't know till now that they have three different Model Numbers.This one is a GP-3.5 or a 3500 Watt GeneratorThey also Have a GP-2 Maybe a 2000 Watt Generator I'm Guessing.Does anyone Have a Manual for the GP-3.5 ?

GP3.5.JPG

The Gas tank was Bone Dry and the Oil in it looked Fresh, so i filled up the Gas tank and gave it a rip..... It Started on the first Pull.^ Nice

GP3.6.JPG

The Front Panel is also Different between the Two Models.Does this one Also Supply DC 12 Volt? Is that the 12V + and 12V -

GP3.7.JPG

This one Below is a BP-5 or a 5000 Watt Generator

GP3.8.JPG

This one has No switch on the Panel, and a Volt Gauge, but puts out more Watts at the same RPM.

GP3.9.JPG

Even the Fuse Configuration Is Different.A manual sure would come in Handy.Now I have a Backup Generator for my Backup Generator.

GP3.5.JPG.0eff3688bc1bbfc9e82556cc0bd3b3ea.JPG

GP3.6.JPG.4c8c0d1851a3bad8bee423e938d06503.JPG

GP3.7.JPG.69b00a4f3f6ea0eb39c3c6048a1046d6.JPG

GP3.8.JPG.a87ba54f7d30f6c750a40814d9a5de85.JPG

GP3.9.JPG.1599147abe22892730dd81833da24241.JPG

Talntedmrgreen

I like the 12V option on the smaler unit, but man those self powered setups have a big footprint! Cool find!

rokon2813

I think you could get all 3 with engines or tractor mounted too.

I also heard there was an 800 watt model for the walk behind tractors too but have not seen one yet.

My closed dealer friend thinks he has one in NOS that he wants to EBAY when he gets to it. :o

D-17_Dave

I have a twin to yours, looks like the engine may be a repower as I think all the engines were black. The gen heads are the same between the tractor mounted and engine driven units sept for the power saving switch. Less output due to less HP input. Nice find either way. Be careful leaving this rotten corn gas in it, it'll eat the guts out of the fuel system. Ask me how I know.....

BLT
quote:Originally posted by D-17_Dave

I have a twin to yours, looks like the engine may be a repower as I think all the engines were black. The gen heads are the same between the tractor mounted and engine driven units sept for the power saving switch. Less output due to less HP input. Nice find either way. Be careful leaving this rotten corn gas in it, it'll eat the guts out of the fuel system. Ask me how I know.....

id="quote">
id="quote">The engine has a S/N starting with 79 and I think it could be in the build era. Could be a warranty engine tho. Anyways I got it running for my neighbor about six years ago and he got tired of tripping over it, so it ended up in my garage. The gas smelled yukie but the was the odor of StaBil in it and after some fresher gas it popped right off.

D10-Allis
quote:Originally posted by D-17_Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">Here is a Twin to mine, only picture of one I can Find on the Internet and It also has The Gray Engine. Unless you were talking about Bob's. Could Bob's be a Homelite ?

GP.13.jpg

GP_13.jpg.820dbdb286b7507012e204b5df9c9b3e.jpg

BLT

Bob's is a Generac, trust me. 34 years ago, hardly anyone new about Generac and I think other then custom stuff like the A-C's, they painted their generators blue and attached them to any appropriate engine that would do the work w/o painting them.

Rick3410

Great find. I've got to say, I love the tractor add on version of these. Nothing like some available AC when you're working down in the lower forty.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Ronald Hribar
  • Today's Birthdays

1. B-16_IC
      B-16_IC
      (46 years old)
    2. Flannelman
      Flannelman
    3. Glen112
      Glen112
      (71 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts