Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunrunner starting problem

AcFordHawk

Son-in-law's sunrunner won't start if ground wire for coil on the engine is connected and engine is cranked over. Disconnect it and fires right off and purrs along, turn the key off and ground the coil with the disconnected wire and shuts down. Not sure if the interlock module has gone bad or if there is a problem with the key switch. The interlocks of the seat, deck, and hydro seem to be operational since it fires off. Looked for a wiring diagram but have not found one yet.

Anyone have a few more ideas before we start throwing parts at it?

I would start with a continuity test at the key switch. Then possible interlock module issues. Otherwise, Mr. Hribar is the man when it comes to these, he should pipe in.

Interlock and they are hard to find

From what I can remember

All the safeties work on the ground

And that is why motor will not start

And I believe the seat safety has two functions

Thanks for the info, with just the little bit of trouble shooting and wire chasing, it was leading me towards the interlock. Ron, just thought about the ground circuit this morning, will look at it some more this week. May take the one off mine to see if it is the module.