Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

leeave96

Sunstar / Legacy - 60 inch Deck Questions

leeave96

Anyone have or used a Sunstar or Legacy with a 60 inch deck? Were these decks the same between the Sunstar and Legacy or a different design? How is the quality of cut? How high can you mow with them, i.e. 3 inches, 3-1/2 inches or more?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill

maxtorman1234

I have a sunstar 60" deck, and a legacy 60" deck someone has made a bracket to work on my sunstar. They are pretty much the same deck. They both cut really nice. I've never tried a height other than the 2 1/4" I cut at.

huffy

I have a Sunstar with a 60" deck. I like the quality of the cut. Keep in mind, though, that because of the surface area it covers it can scalp high spots if your yard isn't pretty flat. I've never measured how high it will raise, since I always use the same setting. I've not looked closely at a Legacy deck to compare them.

I'd post some pics of the cut quality, but we haven't had rain in so long that I'm embarrassed to show my brown grass.