Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ronin70

garden mark squire?

Rick3410

Yes, I believe Simplicity made these for Montgomery Wards.

They came with different engine sizes. Check out the one Zippo is working on ad this address:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxGDKKm34nA

rokon2813

Simplicity made some, so did Gilson I think,

If it is a Simplicity built model, other than color it will look nearly identical to a B1 or B10, or possibly a Broadmoor or Wonderboy or Power max.

I think they made 6 models of riders ?? Plus the walk behinds.

Wonderboy style rear engine rider,

Braodmoor style Squire 6

B1 style Squire,

B 10 style Squire 9

B 10 style Squire 10

Powermax style Twin Twenty

Talntedmrgreen

Dan pretty much summed it up. The only 'squire' models among those would be the front engine riders, not counting the powermax.

HubbardRA

Dan, they also made a Squire that was a Simplicity 725. That is what I have. Front of the hood closed, with hole for single headlight, and hood pivot on the front. Not the open front, bolt on hood like the B's had.

I have seen the Squires made by Gilson also.

rokon2813
quote:Originally posted by HubbardRA

Dan, they also made a Squire that was a Simplicity 725. That is what I have. Front of the hood closed, with hole for single headlight, and hood pivot on the front. Not the open front, bolt on hood like the B's had.I have seen the Squires made by Gilson also.

id="quote">
id="quote">You are correct Rod, I implied that with the B1 style, got lazy, B1 was easier to type than Simplicity 725.To clarify they were more like the 725 than the B1, mainly the grill area and hood style.The B1 has the hinged hood, but it does not have the tapered down part in the front.Another difference I think, Can't remember for sure but I think all the Squire 9's and 10's had the 2 piece grills like Simplicity, not 1 piece like the B's.I would post a pic of mine, but I don't consider it an accurate representation since it was not originally a Squire :o

HubbardRA

Since mine was used as a puller for 20 years, it has too many modified/hand-made parts on it to be representative of an original Squire.