Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Started restoring a Simplicity 2012

rick66

Looks Beautiful!

Question 1:

What Brand/Color of paint did you choose?

Question 2:

I have a '67 2010 and my BGB and mounting plates are black.

Did they switch to body color on the BGBs & Plates in '68 with the 2012 or are you customizing it?

Keep up the great work!

Doug

My plate and gear box were orange so I kept it that way. As far as paint I,m using rustoleum automotive spray paint and color is Chevy red orange from menards. I probably should have used a spray gun but its my first restore and I'm happy with the results. I'm not making it showroom condition just making it look perrrrty.

Next candidate for a restore I'll probably use a good spray gun. That candidate will be either a b12 , b10 or a 64 Landlord

simplicity6.jpg

simplicity7.jpg

Got the engine bolted in today along with a few other thing. Its been repowered with a 15hp out of a 3415.

simplicity7.jpg.dabe1fb3484a5288ebae9315fc055dea.jpg

How many people forget to put the belt on before bolting up the drive shaft. I do it everytime. Even did it here, at least its was easy to access.

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

Finally got the dash on, wiring hooked. Before I went any further i hooked up an external gas tank just to make sure the engine came to life. Everyone like my odd exhaust pipe. Don't really know what it gonna sound like when i atually get it started and running around the yard.

IMG_0501.JPG.bd5e6482b0b1bd57c174285cf5959793.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG.ff22eda262379a0fafbd24a4f7f87a83.JPG

Damn you work quick!!! Your making me want to tear mine down before the end of the season!

I'll have tons of questions for you as I have a few "quirks" that I wonder if they are past owner mods or the original "charm"!

I actually don't work quick. The tractor is at my dads and when I am at work he worked on some sandblasting. I wouldn't let him paint, his painting is really bad, Run city

• 3 weeks later...

Finished my 2012. What do you think? I may start another pretty soon, probably a simplicity 64 Landlord.

photo.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

photo.JPG.d009914b19a6b87dc064b081ffca83e8.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG.e1c264bbb941708172365a83e2d0cd8b.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG.d33d0e9672583055e9bb2de8125591e3.JPG

WOW!!!

That was quick and it turned out beutiful,,,Very nice job Rick dOd great attention to detail, the paint looks awesome, nice tires too, but that muffler is a new one to me...any close-ups

Isn't the upper front grill on upside down? the curve fits along the hood...

sorry but I noticed it while admiring it from the front view.

Very nice job. Sweet looking tractor! One thing I noticed and it's because it gave me problems on a 3416. The longer oil drain tube is nice but one the 3416 the tire rubbed on mine and eventually broke the threads out of the pan. So just make sure you have the clearance I wouldn't want you to have problems now after such a nice rebuild.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• B10Dave
    • maxwood
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts