Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I love my B10

I inherited it from my Dad who bought it new in 1966. For some reason, I enjoy running it more than my newer, more featured tractors. While the 7790 is great at heavy jobs like tilling and snowblowing and the 917 is great for leaving the dozer blade on, the B10 is just right for all the odd jobs. Tonight, I used it to spread 200 lbs of fertilizer-----the short wheel base and easy steering was great and the handle on the spreader is closer and easier to reach.

Maybe it's because it has some personality. There's a certain way to set the chock and throttle to start it, a certain way to open the throttle to keep it from bogging, and you better be careful about mounting or dismounting when the engine is running or you will kick it into gear. The sound of the single cylinder engine is also great.

No doubt about it...This iron horse is a challenging one to get off and on and can be a finicky one to start from time to time. ;)

I have two big 10's and two B10 and I wouldn't part with

any of them.

I found the easiest way to mount and dismount is to park

your butt on the seat and then lean back a little and throw

your leg over the steering wheel.

It works for me.:D

Thats one of the biggest differances between the AC "B" tractors and the Simplicity counterparts is mounting/dismounting...

the AC B's higher seat is to high for me to swing a leg over (these days) like on the Simp's pan seats...

THATS how I have "kicked" the shifter too :o