Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
burger213

Swapped hydraulic lift- Bleeding the system?

burger213

Just swapped the hydraulic lift from my dead 7119 into my 7117. Took a lot more effort than I thought it would but finally got it done. My question is _ how do you bleed air out of the lines? Without weight on the system it functions perfect. As soon as you try to lift any weight-nothing. Lowers fine just won't raise without manual help. I'm assuming it's due to air in the lines. I'm going to crack one of the fittings near the control box and run it for a second to purge some air. Any other thoughts or members that have dealt with this?

Burntime

No need to bleed the system. There is a breather in the rear end. It does sound like you have air in it. Close the ram all the way a few times then open all the way. It sounds like you need to get some air out to add some fluid to me.

burger213

The spring was the key. Found a similar post and noticed the spring valves needed to be changed too. I changed the top one and started working!! The post I found stated the top spring was for the lift so I changed that one. Do I also need to change the side one for the trans? Works fine but don't want to damage anything if both need to be swapped.