Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mower deck arbor shaft interchange

perry

simplicity system 7013 tractor the 42" mower deck center arbor is bad . will a arbor from a B-110 deck work ?. the B-110 deck arbor is a little longer and will make the top pulley sit up higher . anybody run into any problems doing the same swap ?

Perry,

I know that there are at least two styles of deck arbors and shells, and if it isn't the correct arbor setup, it just doesn't work. The idler pulleys sit at different heights, the depth of the deck from the pulley mounting surface to the rest of the shell is different, the length and the way the mandrels all attach are different. Unless the way the mandrels attach to the deck is the same, and the shafts are the same (two bolt setup vs 1 bolt to mount the blades)I don't think it will swap out.

the lower keyway will sit the same so the pulleys under the cover will line up, it's the upper keyway that is higher than the original. only difference it will make is the top drive pulley will sit higher. just wondering if the angle of the PTO cross drive belt will be too much.

I have been using the spindles and center spindles from a B series for years in the newer style decks on the 7000 & 7100 series. No problems. There isn`t much of a height difference.

DSCF1427.jpg

This deck here has the spindles from the B series. A NOS deck shell used on a 7016 and is mounted on my Sovereign 18 now. I mow 3 yards a week with it. I did remove the center top pulley from a 5010 and use that. I believe the diameter is 4-1/2" instead of 5" like it needs to be but big deal.

my plan was to use the two piece top pulley from the 7013 deck. but it seems to tall even with a shorter spacer. ill have to find a 5 1/4" pulley to use on it.

As long as the height is close to original the belt should line up on the PTO pulleys and you'll be OK. You need to maintain the pulley diameter as well or you're in for a belt length change.