Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rpickle

Missed the boat

rpickle

Saw an Allis/Argo 918H for sale near Springfield. Supposed to be in working order with a deck and PS! When I called, there was someone coming from Celina at 5PM. If he was a no-show, the seller was supposed to call. Hmmm, guess what, no call.... Bummer is earlier I had tried the guy, twice, only to find out I was dialing the wrong number.... Smooth. Hope it was picked-up by someone who will use it:)

man725

Just got back at 10:00 from picking it up. Been looking for one around that price for couple years. Runs good everything seems good. Will get pics. tomorrow. Will be a work tractor.

fishnwiz

Glad to hear that at least it went to a new member of our simplicity brotherhood...welcome to the club and can't wait to see some pics.

Talntedmrgreen

That was a grand? Wow...very slick! The one I saw for a grand was a 918 with a KT engine and early style PS. Been listed for a couple weeks as the price dropped. I like the orange on black better than the all orange.

3Ee3rd3Nf5s85H75Mcd6j632ec38964ab156c.jpg

yukon

i called on a 918 last night there was a guy coming from celina to look at it and another guy ready to come look at it from columbus this one had a price of 450.00 i was third in line

John_in_Oxford
quote:Originally posted by RayS

If this is the one and I think it is. It sure is sweet.;)

id="quote">
id="quote">Amazing. Isn't that called NOS?

Talntedmrgreen

I've been droolin on that 2020 Dave...you better bring that one home! I don't see deals like that up here.

rpickle

Yep, sure does look nice. Will be a good tractor for ya. Make sure the cooling fins are clear and replace the valve cover o-rings if that's where the oil is coming from.

Enjoy!!!!

Chris727
quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

That was a grand? Wow...very slick! The one I saw for a grand was a 918 with a KT engine and early style PS. Been listed for a couple weeks as the price dropped. I like the orange on black better than the all orange.

id="quote">
id="quote">Josh, I don't believe that is a 918. It looks like an early 7117H to me. It looks like a 918 hood was transplanted onto the 7100 frame. Everything else looks like early 7100 from the steering wheel to the silver/gray hydro and throttle levers. Everything from aroun 1992 and newer had black levers and either a black or dark gray frame.

Chris727
quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

id="quote">
id="quote">Josh, I don't believe that is a 918. It looks like an early 7117H to me. It looks like a 918 hood was transplanted onto the 7100 frame. Everything else looks like early 7100 from the steering wheel to the silver/gray hydro and throttle levers. Sovereign types from around 1992 and newer had black levers and either a black or dark gray frame.