Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
srwven

Deck differences?

srwven

I had a 7014S that has been sitting for years (was my first simplicity). Several years ago I bought a 916H and have been using the deck from the 7014S. Yesterday the gasket on engine plate was leaking so I had put the deck on the 7014S and get it running. It mowed so much better than the 916, like the blades were spinning at a higher rpm. With the 916H, I always had to go slower in high grass or else I got the center stripe that was missed. Is there a pulley difference or something that makes this deck not mow as well on the 916H?

srwven

I only have one deck (42"), it was the original on the 7014S. When I bought and pieced together the 916H, it didn't come with the deck, so I use the 7014 deck on it. Even if it is only a 3.5" pulley, why would it work better on the 7014 and not the 916-unless they changed the diameter of the pto's pulley to make up for it?

Rick3410

Should be pretty easy to check the pulleys on the PTO's to see if their the same. My guess is the top end idle is different unless you're using different belts. You would have to if there was a larger pulley on one.

RayS

The cone clutch pulley is 5" diameter on both tractors. So, that is the same. Belt length is different because the frame length is different on both tractors. More than a RPM difference between the two motors.