Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Value priced full synthetic motor oil

John_in_Oxford

I have little to no allegiance when it comes to oil - if it meets specs - it's OK in my book. And I really like synthetic oils - been using the stuff for decades - everything but the price.O'reilly brand, $5.49/qt. I bought 10w30, but they also have 10w40 and the usual other suspects.http://www.oreillyauto.com/Posting a direct link is useless, it apparently has a session timeout.Just enter "Full+Synthetic+-+10W-30" in their search bar.

oro_syn10-30_002.jpg

oro_syn10-30_002.jpg.0dcefc20de05b5d2b91fd0e1442c3f40.jpg

I use rotella straight 30W year around .

I tried Valvoline 50/50 synthetic in a old 8hp kohler i had. it burned oil and started leaking from the head. switched back to 30W and the engine went back to normal.

I also use use rotella straight 30W year around. I've never tried any of the Synthetic oils cause they cost to much for me and I've never had a problem with good oil real oil.

I just want to point out, the topic of this thread is NOT "What kind of oil do you use, and do you want to argue about it"id="red">.

It's just a heads up for inexpensive synthetic oil.

Thank you very much.

If you keep an eye out, NAPA brand is occasionally on sale for less than 4 bucks a quart. I have also found Peak full synthetic at Odd Lots for 3 bucks a quart.

quote:Originally posted by rpickle

If you keep an eye out, NAPA brand is occasionally on sale for less than 4 bucks a quart. I have also found Peak full synthetic at Odd Lots for 3 bucks a quart.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks, that's good info.There's an Odd Lots/Big Lots (are they different?) in Lapeer - never thought of them for oil.Nearest NAPA is 25 minutes away...(sigh)

Well, shows what I get for not shopping more often. WallyWorld has their own brand 10w30 5qts/$17.47 - just under $3.50 a quart.

I think I'm gonna go burn up a Grant on some oil & gear lube...

Googling, "the usual suspects" claim WallyWorld oil is made by Mobil, and NAPA by Valvoline.(shrugs) Heck, it can be made by Mongolians from goat cheese for all I care - so long as it meets specs.