Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 716H Garden Tractor

allis712

Hi Everyone! I am looking for some info on my 1975 716H, with the headlights on the outside. This tractor has a 16hp B&S engine on it instead of your usual Kohler motor but is painted the normal orange with the 716 graphics down the side of the hood, it was how i originally purchased it.My question is under the seat pan i found bits of blue paint and upon running the serial # it turns how it was suppose to be sold as a Homelite T16,i left it orange and saved the original allis ball cap with dealer name on it. Is this tractor hold any value the way the factory sold it? Thanks for your input

John

Do you think this paint was done at the factory? I've heard someone on here before talk about a factory repaint discovered, was likely done after the Homelite brand was dropped to use up the "blue parts".

Weather its more valuable or not, I dont know but it is interesting sm01

I called the dealer that sold this tractor in New York and he said that it didn't surprise him as the allis chalmers was in more demand than the homelite at the time.

You need to check around the rest of the tractor and see if there's any blue paint there. If there is, a previous owner might have changed colors and made it an Allis.

Back in the early 70s my dad had a HVAC business in southern Mi. and when it got slow he took on the Homelite brand of Mowers, Tractors, Tillers, etc.. The only thing he couldn't get was the Chain saw line. We sols a lot of walk behind mowers and tillers as well as snowblowers and tractors. The one thing I noticed was that the crates that carried the tractors and tillers were branded on the outside with Homelite blue and white but when you opened them up they had Simplicity branding on the inside. Up until about 10 yrs ago my brother still had the crate that my dads T-16H came in. It was lost when his barn roof caved in in the winter and it was destroyed. I remember talking to the sales rep who said that with a few minor differences the Homelite and the Allis Chalmers were nearly the same. Dads is an Allis built Homelite. At the time I hadn't seen the AC so I had nothing to compare to. I now see that the Simplicity is a lot like the Homelite. I had picked up a Homelite T-16H in MO. for parts and i found that the underside of the seat pan had Orange paint on it. It appeared that the blue had been sprayed over the orange. I have talked to other people whao have discovered orange paint below the blu on Homlite parts and pieces. Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in. Roger.

Over the years I have run across 2 716H with Briggs engines, maybe these were not just a rare engine but a Homey repainted. My cousin has one of these...need to put on my Sherlock hat and check for blue paint...