Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

craigs list find

rokon2813

Also had a pair of wheel weights in the ad. Said he took them off to air the tires, but gave them to me.Engine was seized, got that free'd up. Needs a carb and the deck is all set up. I think I wanna make this run, but the parts man might need parts. :o:O Any handle bars around ???I think it's a model W, the engine is a model 19, and the code number says it's a 62 so......

walker 001.jpg

walker 002.jpg

walker 003.jpg

walker 004.jpg

57e0585d88169_walker001.jpg.10c478ef7c5b01ad1d23c0c8532d6202.jpg

57e0585da9802_walker002.jpg.48b1c02b2528790141622a74701a30b5.jpg

57e0585dba11a_walker003.jpg.0525d295c676eabbab749eafe4e93f10.jpg

57e0585dcaba2_walker004.jpg.f61deef3936851225275298539f5f7da.jpg

AC82

Looks a lot like my Wards. My best guess has been either a model VB or VC equivalent. My model 19 was coded 1959.

Is yours a 3 speed or 6 speed?

rokon2813
quote:Originally posted by AC82

Looks a lot like my Wards. My best guess has been either a model VB or VC equivalent. My model 19 was coded 1959.Is yours a 3 speed or 6 speed?

id="quote">
id="quote">I was assuming 3 speed, but nothing is marked so I can't say for sure.I'm still trying to figure out exactly where the gears are / how to shift it.It is very stiff from sitting a long time.It appears you have to pull out on the shifter to get it to change gears, is that right? That seems to be spring loaded inside the transmission. It pulls out a good inch or more.It also has a spring that pulls down on the shift lever.This is the first walker I've played with that had a transmission. All the others were single speed, engage the belt and go.I need to get the engine running to play with it more.

nittanylyn

It looks like the plate is missing that shows what gear you are in as well as the gear pointer. I am trying to find a closeup picture for you and you will see what is missing. Also, unless the rod is missing from the right side of the handlebar that extends down to the bottom of transmission, it looks like this is a 3 speed. That was a high/low for the tranny that gave you the three extra gears. This does shift like a car and takes a few times to get used to it.

arnoldir

Hello Dan,

I sent you an E-mail earlier today, as my membership was lapsed.

Got that fixed, now I can post again.

You tractor is definetly a V based machine.

I have a set of bars here on Long Island NY if interested.

Shifter pulls up and out to disengage, then goes sideways to select different gears, than down and in to engage.

Spring on shifter keeps it from popping out of gear if going down hill, as reverse load on box causes shifter to pop out.

Regards

HubbardRA

Dan, go to a shop that bends exhaust pipe and have them to bend a handle to replace the one that is missing, then weld it on.

CleanBee

Dan, that looks like a Model V. The VB and VC's both had high-low's, and the W's had a trans similar to the later riders. The Model V also did not come with a kick stand.

I don't think the 32in decks were offered until later, the original when those were built were like the Wonderboys 24in decks.

Dan

nittanylyn

I agree with CleanBee, looks like you have a model V. Which means that the engine would have been a 5 HP (model 14) and someone put the model 19 on. Is there no data plate on the frame of the tractor?

Here is another link to the Vintage Garden Tractor web site...you want to scroll down to the "Simplicity two-wheel walking tractor models A-W" which takes you to all the models and implements thru the years. Go to the two-wheel tractor register as well and that may help you identify tractor..

http://www.simplicityva.com/

rokon2813

No data plate that I can find anywhere.

This does have a kick stand, could it be added to the model V ?

On a brighter note, if it is a model V and needs a model 14 engine, I happen to have one that we were going to stick in a 725 because I didn't have a decent model 19.

Had this apart and cleaned up and got it to sputter some today, so I think I have a 19 for the tractor now :o

I also took the top cover off the transmission, because I couldn't get reverse to work. As soon as I could see HOW it worked, everything seems to be fine :D:D

Maybe there is a detent or something missing, but it appears that you need to hold the shifter up a bit to back up, then it works fine. If you push it down and in like the rest of the gears, it locks forward and reverse together.

Rod, I considered a muffler shop, but the ones around here don't have dies small enough to bend this size.

For now, I have found a set, just need to figure out shipping on them, and I'd like to make sure it's going to run before I buy parts I might not need.

Anybody know the closest color paint in a spray can? Is the chevy red orange close?

GrincheyOne

Dan,

I tested the Rustolium chevy red-orange Engine Enamel last year on a spot of my well weathered 46" trip blade. I got it at Auto Zone, since they stopped carrying the Dupli-color equivalent. You can hardly find that spot this year.

Wayne

BTW - commercial Electrical contractors have all kinds of tubing bending equipment.

B10Dave
:D:D Well Dan, at least your questions got answered. Didn't know about that model.Do you still have the deck or did you put the 14 on the tractor and run it?...Dave

rokon2813

Sold the deck at a swap meet last year and found a cultivator to play with.

I had the walker running with the model 14 on it. Played around with it a couple times at home, then to it to a swap meet to sell the unit and it got really wet. Lost spark and I never played with it again.

I just parted it out a couple days ago. I hauled it around to 4 swap meets, and couldn't get $50 for it.

Karl_Brandt

This tractor is a Simplicity model VA with a replaced engine.The Simplicity SPECIAL has a same transmission as the Simplicity 700,725 tractor & a Model 19 Briggs & Stratton engine.

sim-VA.jpg

Model VA

sim-V.jpg

Model V

Image028.jpg

The Simplicity SPECIAL with snowblower , picture is a several years old now. Tractor is inside a shed & has not run in a few years , needs new coil on engine.Karl

Image028b.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• dhoadley
    • 720nut
    • landlord2110
    • rokon2813
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts