Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

BobPa

Simplicity 2016 tractor

BobPa

Hello folks, I am new to this forum.

I am trying to help a friend who lost her husband recently. She was left a Simplicity 2016 tractor with attachments. Tractor numbers are manufacturer #990399 Serial #003700. There is no number for the mowing deck. I believe it is a 36" or 38" cutting width.

Anyway, the connecting belt from tractor to mower deck is missing. I am looking for information on what that belt size/number might be. In order for this belt to work on this setup, the belt has to be twisted 90 degrees for installation. I went to a Simplicity dealer yesterday and was not able to help me. So, I am seeking information for this belt, hopefully from someone who knows about these older well built tractors. I would like to post a picture of this tractor, but I do not know how to.

thanks,

Bob C.

GrincheyOne

Bob,

Other than Moyer's in Harleysville, I would try Sterners (btw QT and Coopersburg), or Pipersville Garden Supply (on old RT 611). Western Auto on RT 663 (Pennsberg) should be able to supply an alternate. Then there is always NAPA.

Cheers, and Welcome

BobPa

RayS, thank you for the part number. Yes, this tractor could easily been re powered by the owner. I appreciate the pdf also.

Rick 3410 Yes, I was very surprised also by getting no help from the Simplicity dealer.

A big thanks to RayS for the part number. Called NAPA with number, had one in stock.

installed belt, everything works fine.

Wayne,appreciate the additional dealers.

Appreciate the welcome, guys. Thanks to you and this site, I am learning a lot very quickly about these tractors.

One question, Are the rear rollers supposed to be in contact with the ground. Is this deck supported by the rear rollers?

thanks, Bob C.

allis579

Bob

Welcome to the club

I took my old belt (torn) to my local farm equipment dealer, Kellers just outside of Quakertown, and we matched it up to a New Holland belt he had in stock.

LOL Bob