Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Viva-la-B-110

Deck height adjustment

Viva-la-B-110

A few years ago I took the height adjustment cranks off my deck because they were wore out and I always mow my yard at the same height. Lately though, I've picked up some yards to mow on the side and would like to be able to quickly and easily adjust the cutting height so I'm going to reinstall the cranks. This seems like a pretty straight forward job but any advice is always welcome. Thanks!

Rick3410

I'm sure you'll have no problem re-installing them. Plenty of detailed information from the manual available on this site. As far as the best way to adjust from job to job, I'd like to know the best way to do this as well. As you said, any advice is welcome.

Viva-la-B-110

The system I've used for adjusting to specific height is laying something under the back side of the deck--such as a 2x4-- and adjust it until it hits that. Most people who pay to have their yards mowed in my area like their yard cut fairly high, so I usually adjust it all the way up for those jobs. The problem with adjust the deck without the cranks on it is that sometimes it can be so difficult you have to remove the deck from the tractor to do it.