Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rollers on a 912 Allis Chalmers mower deck

tomcroft

I have a 42 inch cut mower deck on my 912H. The rollers are worn out, I know the shaft size is 5/8 but I dont know the diameter of the rollers. I assume 3 inch?

My dealer here told me a cheap way to make them and that was to cut and use wooden roller pins I haven't tried it yet but going to.

John_in_Oxford

Another great link Ray, thanks.

Heckum, I didn't know the things could wear out.

Oops! Just checked - mine are white.

LOLOL

quote:Originally posted by John_in_Oxford

Another great link Ray, thanks.Heckum, I didn't know the things could wear out.Oops! Just checked - mine are white.LOLOL

id="quote">
id="quote">\Im sure thankful for all the help that I have ben getting on this forum. Looking forward to getting this tractor completely restored and showing it off. What makes this tractor so special is my Uncle retired from Allis Chalmers heavy equiptment in Springfield Illinois and he bought this tractor 917H new. Its now been passed to me

I did the yates on a deck rebuild. They last and last. The plastic simplicity ones do not. If your keeping it, do the yates. If your going to move it along in a season or two, buy the simplicity. I also increased the roller width on mine in the middle. Not sure if the old ones were that worn or not, but it made a huge difference!

They keep diameter, the just grenade in the center and lock up!sm00 When it happens they scalp the grass off. I had some pretty BAD stripes!:D