Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Briggs 12.5 powerbuilt warranty period?

SmilinSam

Anyone know what the warranty period is on these engines? 9 mo?...1 year? 2 yrs?

Bought a new swisher 44 rough cut pull behind on July 20 last year. Put about 4 hours on it last year and ran it for about 30 miutes a month ago. Went to use it again this week, and it looks like the pan gasket is leaking bad. About 1/3 of the oil has run out of the engine all over the mower....

SmilinSam

Bought it at Farm & Fleet, called them and they started asking if I had bought the service agreement through them.

Then I looked here again, then looked up Briggs service centers, of which Farm & Fleet is not one, found one down the road in Aledo Il, and called them. They said just bring in the purchase reciept showing date bought ad they assured me there wouldnt be a problem getting warranty repairs on the leak.

Did some more research and found this leak is a common problem in the powerbuilt models. One guy told me that they have to use a special threadlock on the bolts to keep the pans from coming loose.He said to look under the cylinder thats where they usually start leaking, and he was exactly right.

We will see what happens. Going to take it in tomorrow.

Wonder if I will have to pay to have the engine removed from the mower? I could see that happening.

simple_stan

I don't guess the oil smells like gas and your gas tank is empty? Maybe your carb has a problem, which resulted in your oil leak.