Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jklw77

rim fix the easy way

jklw77

After taking front wheels off my B110 , they where in really bad shape, had to use a heat gun on one side then water to break the seal on rusted dust cap .

after taking tires off , found rims to be all dinged up thru 45 years of use. grabed a 12" crescent wrench and pulled in or out depending on the ding on the edge of the rim and wow what a diffrence. Was going to use a hammer but this is way more precise.There are times when a hammer has its advantage.

Got 2 wheels for rear ,after discovering the factory rim color on inside, I went to local paint store to match paint. with new paint

rims will get new rubber on all corners.American made mud wolfs on rear to take on any challange.

John_in_Oxford
quote:Originally posted by Willy

The Crescent wrench is A very handy tool, I have even used it on nuts and bolts.8D:D

id="quote">
id="quote">LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Hotwire7434

The hole in the end of the wrench provides an excellent lever for tightening cap screws with a allen head. Be careful can strip the threads or snap a head off. Don't ask why I know.