Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sispro

Reason to Use the right paint.

sispro

Just wanted to show you when you use a off brand paint what can happen.

I used Majic Tractor & Implement Enamel primer. On my AC all look good till I was running it and after I shut it off was leaning on it and when I moved my are away it was wrinkle and I pulled a little bit and see what happen the primer never dried it did to the touch after a week on there so I finish painting the tractor and after another week this is what happen.

adurD8KR.jpg

RayS

That is one of the reason I don`t use aerosol cans. Cost is another and you can not add a hardener. Also you may get different lot numbers that may cause color variations.

I used the Majic paint on a sleeve hitch and it took it 3 or 4 days for it to dry enough to ship.

Talntedmrgreen

Live and learn, I suppose. Thanks for sharing the tip...it's tempting to grab what's convenient and inexpensive, but I get that gut wrneching feeling everytime I commit, by pulling the trigger on my spray gun...just hoping the paint I chose works out. With little experieince using various paints, a guy can go a long ay down the path before realizing the quality isn't there.

sispro

I only used the primer as for the paint it is a high quality paint.

Now I have to start all over I am glad I haven't put the decals on I would've been really censored1.gif

SimplicitySwede

I dont use my LTs and GTS enough to have a problem with paint so I use Majic or Van Sickle. Vansickle is decents. I only uses Majic for rims and its a rattle can. Majic is also made from Soy beans.

goatfarmer

I used Majic on the 2110 I repainted years ago. It took a while to dry, but it's held up well all these years. I believe I used their primer, also.