Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
allicatguy

Pleated air filter element for HB112 with 30041 &

allicatguy

Has anyone replaced the standard 270093 foam air cleaner element and 280001 center foam element support on a B&S model 300421 (12hp on HB112)with a more modern pleated paper air cleaner element with foam pre-filter?

Did a search on air cleaners in the forums...but didn't find anything. Did I miss it?

RayS

Yes, you will need a long air cleaner cover and the center bolt. Filter is part number 393957S and pre filter is 271794S. The center stud is part number 691241.

Do you have the short or long intake manifold? You will more than likely need the long manifold so that the taller filter clears the hood.

BLT

If you have to get longer intake manifold by chance you will also need shorter governor arm to carb arm link, I think Briggs P/N 260923.

Note, the word shorter was actually longer.

allicatguy

Thanks for the responses, guys. Figured someone had done it. Not sure about the length of the manifold...tractor's 250 miles away at my lake place. Will have to check it out next time up.

Cyclone

Just an FYI. I was in a crunch when my foam filter fell apart in my hands on my 67 LL2012 and needed a filter ASAP. I found a "triangle" shaped small form factor pleated air filter for a Kohler at Lowes that fits under the factory air cleaner cover. I had to make only a small modification for it to fit. The filter I found had a Round depression around the through hole of the metal top cap of the filter. All I had to do was take a large socket from the inside of the filter and flaten out the derpession. This was needed because the filter hit the stud on the carb before seating on the bottom plate and sealing the filter to the carb. A few whacks and what do you know. Perfect fit!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_50011-442-1288305S1C_0__?productId=3380508&Ntt=lawn+mower+air+filter&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dlawn%2Bmower%2Bair%2Bfilter&facetInfo=

KOHLER Paper Air Filter for 4-Cycle KOHLER Command Engine

Item #: 50011 | Model #: 1288305S1C

I can take a pic when I get home if you want.

Cyclone

I just checked a pic of a HB112. I'm not sure if you have the same filter as my LL. I have a tall chrome filter cover from the pics I've seen HB 112's have a shorter cover. I still hope the info helps a bit.