Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my new old 4040

robnan

My new old 4040 price was unbelieveable, runs and cuts like new with only 816 orig hrs. What do you think?

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg.8e6b2bcc69315889ea0b10f2f50d736b.jpg

Looks like the guy I got it from repainted and redecald it a few years ago. has orig engine, the only thing I need to fix is the front electric clutch (it was welded), I only paid $1000 for it. iv been looking for a 4040 or a 9020 for over 8 years, so when I found this one for that price I jumped on it. I've only had it for about a week, but its great. I also have 2 7116's and a 6216.

I like the bumper on it wish I could find one to copy. Looks like he painted the wrong color but for that price you got a deal.Did it come with the 3 point and front hyd lift? I got one this spring and am working on it.The engine was changed so the wiring is hosed up 3 point arms are mssing.I decided to fix the brakes and found a whole lot of problems like no lube in drop box was (full of rust).Got it back together now and now have to work on the 3 point and missing adapator for rear pto. Have fun great tractors. Bob