Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Summer Cab Dimensions

simpli-dragon

I would like to replicate something close to the summer cab to keep the sun off. I have a commercial sewing machine so will make a custom canvas top to fit whatever I build for a frame.

Does anyone have any dimensions for these cabs?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Thanks Ray... of all the different search terms I typed in I never thought of "canvas" sm00

Dan... PM sent and parts H and G look like they would be easy enough to fab up with a couple of dimensions from someone else.

Mr. Green... I will likely take you up on the offer for some measurements. Will let you know what I need.

Thanks,

Todd

I bought the one that Dan had for offer. It is missing a few pieces though so once I get it I will need some measurements to fab the remaining pieces.

I will be sewing my own cover as there isn't one. Should I make a pattern to share with others? Is there interest... Should I make a couple of extras for anyone else?

I doubt it will be identical to the factory cover since I don't have one to measure from but I would like to keep it looking close and of course it will fit the factory frame.

Todd

I received a nice large package from Dan on thursday! Thankfully he did a great job packing it because UPS was NOT gentle with it.

The only pieces that I am missing are the brackets that go on the upper rear where the front and rear top tubes meet up with the upright tube, the footrest brackets, and the bottom rear tube that attaches to the tractor. I am sure that I can fab it all up but was hoping that someone could send me a couple of tracings... A tracing of that upper bracket (part E) and the footrest bracket (part H) would be a great help! That would let me get the width correct on the foot rests, and the angles correct where the three tubes meet up.

Once that is done I will make up a pattern for the canvass and my daughter is excited about sewing it up.

Was the original canvass a light cream color?

Todd

I just so happen to have the rear bracket and foot pegs hanging in the shed . also have a complete summer cab on a squire 9 . ill see about getting some pictures & dimensions .

NOV002.jpg

cabframe-1.jpg

summercab.jpg

Uh oh. Part E was in the bubble wrap in the center of the package, along with the screws to mount them. :o:O

I hate using UPS, but that package was 3" too big for the mail. ;)

I got that baggy Dan... those were part U. They go where the bottom three tubes meet up. There were also the screws for the brackets and a couple extra canvas attaching screws in the bag. It was better shape than the pictures looked 8D

quote:Originally posted by simpli-dragon

I got that baggy Dan... those were part U. They go where the bottom three tubes meet up. There were also the screws for the brackets and a couple extra canvas attaching screws in the bag. It was better shape than the pictures looked 8D

id="quote">
id="quote">LOL okay. No wonder it didn't look quite right. I took them off the top

Perry... Were you able to get any dimensions from those brackets?

id="quote">
id="quote">dang'it i forgot . I was slow today too and could have got them . ill try and get measurements and pics tomorrow. send me a PM for a reminder.

Perry you ROCK! dOdCould I bother you for one last measurement. I need the distance between the left and right holes on the bracket in this picture...

SIM-summercab026_zps9bd2273f.jpg

Thanks again! Now time to go watch Red Green

I need the distance between the left and right holes on the bracket in this picture...

id="quote">
id="quote">from center of bolt to center of bolt is 5 1/2" . in the picture the end of tape is on the bolt not the end of the bracket. 011003_zpsd96adb43.jpg011004_zpse3bbc52a.jpg011005_zps94e09c8a.jpg