Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
peyton

mtd farm king 990

peyton

I picked one up to day and am not sure what it is or worth? it is complete minus the rear wheels I think it will run. I wanted it for the briggs 16 hp motor, front tires and starter generater.now not sure what to do with it. eny one have one orhave one. it is not like the new mtd at all thanks

Talntedmrgreen

I've been looking at a few locally, and trying to educate my self with them. They are big, heavy built machines...and used the big Briggs singles. Condition seems to drive value quite a bit, since there is a boat load of them out there, under numerous brands. I"m looking at an MTD 960 (gear drive vs hydro)...it's in Unico brand paint and decals, and is as close to new, original condition as a machine can get. One-owner, and the fella still mows with it on occasion (purchased new in '69, as a left over '68 model). Comes with a dozer, weights and deck. I'm told a fair price on it, by MTD collectors I've spoken with, is in the $400-500 range. I would have guessed more...it's a 14 Briggs. The 990's will fetch a bit more because of the hydro, but probably top out around $600 if excellent.

SmilinSam

The one my kid got years back had 3 bolt wheels and hubs on the front. He put those on a B-112 he had at the time.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AllisChalmers716
    • abu507
    • GregB
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts