Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mtd farm king 990

peyton

I picked one up to day and am not sure what it is or worth? it is complete minus the rear wheels I think it will run. I wanted it for the briggs 16 hp motor, front tires and starter generater.now not sure what to do with it. eny one have one orhave one. it is not like the new mtd at all thanks

I've been looking at a few locally, and trying to educate my self with them. They are big, heavy built machines...and used the big Briggs singles. Condition seems to drive value quite a bit, since there is a boat load of them out there, under numerous brands. I"m looking at an MTD 960 (gear drive vs hydro)...it's in Unico brand paint and decals, and is as close to new, original condition as a machine can get. One-owner, and the fella still mows with it on occasion (purchased new in '69, as a left over '68 model). Comes with a dozer, weights and deck. I'm told a fair price on it, by MTD collectors I've spoken with, is in the $400-500 range. I would have guessed more...it's a 14 Briggs. The 990's will fetch a bit more because of the hydro, but probably top out around $600 if excellent.

The one my kid got years back had 3 bolt wheels and hubs on the front. He put those on a B-112 he had at the time.

it is neat. I got it for only 25.00. may try to part the rest out. this is the first 1 I have seen.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• John Levis
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts