Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Smn2k7

Keeping the AC Theme going

Smn2k7

This forum and the club's resources have been invaluable to me so far with keeping my B12 going, so I figured I would do a little show and tell about the family's collection.Grew up in northern Indiana/southern Michigan watching dad do everything from tilling a garden, moving dirt, grading the drive, and any other number of chores with his trusty 'ol Allis Chalmers B12. When I started looking for a home with some acreage, I also started keeping an eye out for one of my own, so this 'ole girl came home from an auction with me.

08010212331.jpg

It's been an invaluable tool to have around my first home. Dad's has even come out to "play" alongside mine in the garden.

562373_10200128146979224_127215704_n.jpg

Dare I say these old machines make household chores almost "fun"?And my most recent Allis Chalmers, though orange and not yellow, came after my Dad's brother passed away earlier this year, and I was able to keep his farm tractor in our family by purchasing it from my aunt and cousin two weeks ago. It probably won't see any harder labor than pulling a 5 foot bushhog to keep 4 acres of field tame, but it will be a lot easier than working the B12 hard or using the troy-built junker I keep around to keep it up.

IMG9539562.jpg

08010212331.jpg.4282b6ddf1f4e589b9702579588704b6.jpg

562373_10200128146979224_127215704_n.jpg.a86938cac409a9b9ff11f7c206ecf178.jpg

IMG9539562.jpg.dbbb2cfaa5a087c019bb2ee4779a1a51.jpg

Smn2k7

Definitely planning to keep them as workers. They may not be pretty, but I trust 'em to be dependable as long as I keep up on maintenance. Found another couple fun pictures from a few months back with the B, pulling fence posts. Welded two tabs on my engine hoist so I could pin it to the rear of the tractor. Worked out pretty well.

pullin.jpg

pullin2.jpg

pullin.jpg.beb0463a759bf2563516731148983355.jpg

pullin2.jpg.b39b71a3ed84c29e638be9a7c29a6094.jpg

ZippoVarga

I see you've been a long time lurker around here. We love pics and seeing how we all use our machines, so don't be shy! An official "Welcome To The Asylum" is in order now that you're an official member! Looks like you've got a great start to the addiction we all have! And no......there's NO 12 step program, so settle in and just enjoy the ride.

Cheers!

Zip

p.s. I post self help videos on YouTube under the same name I use here, so if you get in a bind, check and see if I have made a video about it and if not, just let me know the troubles and I'll see what I can do to help out.

Smn2k7

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Figured after lurking and using the site's resources for a year, it was time to make my club dues count and say hello.

Always nice to know If I have an issue I can come here and resolve it.

fishnwiz

The answers are here but just not from me!sm00

Good to have fresh blood and don't be afraid to share your knowledge AND your PICS!! Welcome.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Orangeman
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts