Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ac712

912 front PTO?

ac712

finally picked up a 912 6 spd w/ a blower. it has the front PTO on it.. was this actually an option on the 912? or should i be looking for a single pulley mount for the blower?

RayS

Not sure it was an option. They did offer a longer engagement rod so that it could be installed on the 900 and 7100 series tractor. They use a longer engagement rod because the tractor is a couple inches longer than the 3300 through 7000 series and the Allis 700 series.

When the 900 and 7100 series came out they went to the single pulley hitch but what you have will work just fine.

ac712

okay thanks RayS, the previous owner had a hook on the other PTO lever which i thought was a little silly so i took it off. well i realized why it was on there, just from the tractor running the lever vibrates up and the front PTO half way engages. is it just out of adjustment? or another issue?

GLPointon

Mine came with a return spring on the rod which keeps the vibration down. I like the front PTO setups but I've been trying to find parts for another one I have...hard to find :o(

quote:Originally posted by ac712

okay thanks RayS, the previous owner had a hook on the other PTO lever which i thought was a little silly so i took it off. well i realized why it was on there, just from the tractor running the lever vibrates up and the front PTO half way engages. is it just out of adjustment? or another issue?

id="quote">
id="quote">