Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gasoline spits from muffler...

GLPointon

My Coronet13H blows gas from the muffler when it starts lately. It starts normal & rus well. It has a carb with a fuel shut-off solenoid. can that be leaking thru? wouldnt the float still shut off the fuel from overfilling? Its my 1st with this carb & I've never seen this B4

Thanks sm01

Thanks guys, but I'm aware of both concerns and I'm monitoring it...

What I'm trying to figure out is; why it fills up with gas AFTER shutdown in the first place???

It may be emptying the fuel filter because of residual vacuum or the shut off solenoid leaks. Are you sure it is gas and not water (condensation)?

Bob

No Bob its is gas...but I'm now thinking maybe its being sucked in too quickly during startup.? This has a built-in choke on the throttle lever. Because if its in the cyl. since shut down then it would be seeping down into the crankcase...which its not.

So maybe this system is flooding during startup. I just thought somebody may have seen this B4 on this solenoid/carb system

Thanks Bob and Ron for the feedbacks...The oil smells normal, like I said no gas is getting in the oil...Thats what's puzzling about this...and it already has a shut-off valve but it is an electric fuel s/o solenoid valve. rather than add something I'd prefer to fix the issue, But......?

quote:Originally posted by Ronald Hribar

put a fuel shut off valve on itwhat does oil in crankcase look and smell like

id="quote">
id="quote">