Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

36" snow blower 1690169

ac.d17iv

Just bought this 36" snow blower for my AC 712H. After further research on this site:http://simpletractors.com/what_fits/atch_%28pg36%29.htmand the manual:http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCyEN8bxL0rE5CDk5kbp796Dq.pdfIt was made for the 4000 and 6000 series. Here is a picture of it...

IMG_20130721_204223_370.jpg

So, will this still work for my 712H with with the correct hitch?

Yes. You will need to move the frame clips to outside of blower housing instead of the inside like it should be set up know. So that the large frame hitch will fit.

You won`t run it off the center PTO. You could if you did some modifications. The 712H used a front PTO on the engine.

The easiest way to get it to run off the center PTO is to change out the left hand side plate for one off of a 900 - 7100 series and use the swing arm from a 900 - 7100 series. You would also need a shorter belt than the 1/2" X 147" belt used on the 900 - 7100 series. The 700 - 7000 series is around 2" - 2-1/2" shorter from the front axle to the BGB plate. So you would need to use a 4" - 5" shorter belt.

There are archived post in talking tractors where members have converted and added to the 700 - 7000 series side to plate to make the existing side plate work. I do not know how well those mods have worked for them.

To me it would be just easier to swap out the parts. Not sure if I have the left side plate here. I have a friend that may. The classifieds would probably be a good place to start.

Thanks for the info Ray. Here is a picture of the hitch I have. I'm guessing this is the wrong hitch, right?

pully.jpg

Thanks guys. I like the idea of running on the BGB by swapping side plates like Ray/BLT mentioned. Have others done this with success?

Yep, same hitch. It just mates the blower to the tractor. You could also split the difference with the idler pulley to the mower deck. I have done it, as long as you get good belt tension by buying a shorter belt it works great. The side plate is the right way to do it though.

Burntime, I like your idea of using the mower idler pulley. Saves buying the front PTO which seems to be tough to find and expensive. What size of belt do you use?