Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydraulic Lift for DA 912H

rs07

I have been considering installing a hydraulic lift on my Deutz-Allis 912H. I see a lot of the parts are still available except for a few, but will keep my eyes open on the internet. My tractor is in immaculate condition and is definitely worth the expense in installing the lift on. Anyone on here ever take on a project like this? My back is getting tired and the older I get the more frequent back problems I'm having and thought the hydraulic lift will be the way to go when snowblowing. I think it will be cheaper to go this way than to buy another tractor, as excellent condition 900 Series tractors in my area are hard to find and my local dealer wants $1,000 to buy a parts tractor from him that has hydraulic lift on it. He won't just sell me the parts I need. Any thoughts?

Robert,

1,000 dollars for a parts tractor is not realistic, sounds more like he doesn't want to sell it. At that price the tractor better be running with at least a deck if not a snow-blower as well.

The 900 series tractor is the same as the 7100 series Simplicities, so that may help broaden your search. I know other club members have added hydraulic lifts to their tractors. The key that most members miss is the values located on top of the pump need to be changed.

I would check with Dan, he may have the parts you need.

I have used both a manual lift on my 7012 and a hydraulic lift on my 7118. While I prefer the hydraulic lift I did find it slower to respond if I needed to raise the blower quickly. Depending on your driveway this may not be a concern. My long driveway is a combination of pavement and gravel.

Rick.........

I kind of sensed he did't want to sell it, because when I said that I just wanted to buy the hydraulic lift off of it he said that it was a "fixable" tractor and he did not want to part it out.

quote:Originally posted by RickS

Robert,1,000 dollars for a parts tractor is not realistic, sounds more like he doesn't want to sell it. At that price the tractor better be running with at least a deck if not a snow-blower as well.The 900 series tractor is the same as the 7100 series Simplicities, so that may help broaden your search. I know other club members have added hydraulic lifts to their tractors. The key that most members miss is the values located on top of the pump need to be changed.I would check with Dan, he may have the parts you need.I have used both a manual lift on my 7012 and a hydraulic lift on my 7118. While I prefer the hydraulic lift I did find it slower to respond if I needed to raise the blower quickly. Depending on your driveway this may not be a concern. My long driveway is a combination of pavement and gravel.Rick.........

id="quote">
id="quote">

Its not the valves on top of the pump, it is a spring and steel ball you have to add to the pump by the charge pump. In my Simplicity manual you need the Relief Valve Kit(1673538).

Another alternative is to install an electric lift. I've installed both electric and hydraulic lifts, the electric lift install, IMO, is much easier and probably cheaper. Both are slower than the "armstrong" lift. Between the two, I prefer the hydraulic.

A couple posts about the hydraulic lift install, there are more but I can't find them atm:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=89744&SearchTerms=hydraulic,install

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=118522&SearchTerms=hydraulic,lift

And a thread on setting the pressures, the main challenge when adding the hydrolift:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=117631&SearchTerms=set,pressure

Also, if you go hydraulic, make sure the pivot hole for the lift lever is there. I had a 7112 that I was going to add a hyd lift to it only to find out the was no provision for the lever. Ended up using another unit.

quote:Originally posted by BLT

Also, if you go hydraulic, make sure the pivot hole for the lift lever is there. I had a 7112 that I was going to add a hyd lift to it only to find out the was no provision for the lever. Ended up using another unit.

id="quote">
id="quote">I see the hole is there for the lift lever.