Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2008 Conquest

B112_son

Hello. I'm looking for some input on a 2008 Conquest. I just came across it on Craigslist and it is close by but no pics yet and no manufacturing number. It has the 23hp vanguard, power steering, and 50" deck. That's all he says about it. I have 3/4 acre lot currently mow with a John Deere L130. I use my B112 to plow what little snow we get but would really like to restore it and give iy back my father the way it was when he bought it new. So I've been thinking about getting a more capable better machine than my JD. Is the Conquest a good unit? I don't know much about vanguard but the power steering would be nice as well. Also, I assume this machine will handle pushing snow?

Thanks for any input.

I don't believe conquests came with power steering....I thought you had to go to the prestige to get power steering and then the coveted hydraulic lift!

Wifes been runnig a 20 hp conquest for 10 years now and about 1200 hours. No issues with the engine, tranny or pto clutch yet.

Hers is a 2003, and only thing with it is that the air filters need to be changed religiously at the hour intervals in the book. More often in dusty conditions. If you let it go till the filter is plugged enough to cause the plugs to carbon up, then the plugs need replaced too. Cleaning them wont work, only replacing will do.

I had a 2003 Conquest too, and only other issue I had was factory wire loom to pto was improperly routed and one wire got worn through and shorted out the regulator.

I had the tiller, snowblower, and cab for mine. great for blowing snowdOd

The tiller package I wasnt real happy with. Could never get it set to lift at a happy medium. If it was set to till at a decent depth, it wouldnt lift high enough to travel over the ground. If it was set to lift high enough to travel, it wouldnt till deep enough...sm00

Seem like decent tractors after 10 years of using them.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got done mowing with Sam's old Conquest, has not given me any trouble other that a bad pulley couple of years back. I also have a Massey Conquest that has been giving me some trouble, but I just recently discovered that it has a bad PTO clutch, which caused belt and charging problems. I ran Sovereign types for years, B-112, B-210, 7016, 7119, and I would never go back. I have both the 50" and 54" decks, I really prefer the 54"

The Vanguard used to be made in Japan by Tohatsu, who also make great affordable outboard engines. Not sure now, haven't checked in awhile.