Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 720 hood hinge bolts

Itsmechuck

Lost a hood hinge bolt over the weekend. Thought I had a spare, since I've had this happen numerous times over the 35+ years I've owned this tractor. But, I can't find one in my shop. That doesn't mean there's not one out there, just that I can't find it if there is. (Course if you've ever seen my shop you'd know why) Does anyone know if Sandy Lake Implement might carry these?

Thanks

Chuck

Chuck,

First welcome to the Club.

Second, your shop can not be any worse than my garage (really).

I am currently searching for a box of idler pulleys, and hardware ( it's there somewhere).

Give SLI a call and let Brenda and company a chance to work their magic.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks GrincheyOne.

I have been a member for over a year now, but I'm sure I'm still a newcomer compared to others here.

Sandy Lake didn't have the hood hinge bolts.

Anyone have any ideas? I will probably take the other bolt out and take it to a fastener specialty company when I get a chance, but it would be much more convenient if I could just order a couple of them from somebody.

Chuck

Chuck. They are called a shoulder bolts .Mcmaster Carr calls them screws but they can be ordered from most bolt company's.Hope this helps.Bill