Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
shovelhead

Bought Me a New Hat Today - LOL

shovelhead

P1020668.JPG

Drove to Iowa 6 hrs round trip to pick up this cab. The guy had a nice 919 with real nice deck, blower, blade, tiller and cab as a package. He also said he would sell separate. I called him soon as he posted it Monday and was on the road Tuesday morning burning a day of vacation. Never seen one except in pictures but thought this one was in pretty good shape. He bought the tractor as a package and said he hung it up in the rafters 9 years ago when he bought it and has never moved it since. Oh yea that's me after lowering it down and walking it out...seemed to be the easiest way...LOLDennis 8D

P1020668.JPG.fda7ba6a4b440c1c39637857da7d1188.JPG

GLPointon

Very nice...WORTH the drive when the snow flies dOd

When I got my cab, Mike "burntime" turned me on to a product called Plast-X found at most autoparts stores...

It restored my windows to "perfectly clear" I used it on the whole cab...then my car headlights too sm01

toomanytractors

When I bought my cab it looked about as grungy. After washing off the heavy dirt with a garden hose I too had yellow windows. I posted here for a cure and everyone came up with two and three component cleaners that cost an arm and a leg (plus freight) or were available in auto parts stores on every planet but this one. My favorite was a one word answer that's real cheep. ( cheep or free are our friends you know:D). TOOTHPASTE!! So I digs around and found a tube of Colgate (with fluoride), snuck it out past the Queen of the doublewide and went to work. Fold an old piece of T-shirt into a pad and dampen it and use like rubbing compound. Works Great! Now, I don't know what the fluoride does, but as good as things turned out I won't clean my cab windows without it.

Burntime

Toothpaste will work, plast-x is cheap, 7 bucks and it is incredible. It also leaves a wax surface behind. Its well worth the money. Flitz if I remember right does really well too. I use it on my stainless 44 mag.

shovelhead

Thanks for the tips on the windows. I was wondering what would work best. So far it went from his shed to mine. Will get it out and clean up on a rainy day...if we ever have one. Its really dry here again this year.

Thanks again..8D

Sign in to follow this