Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ZippoVarga

Tractor of The Month for August

ZippoVarga

This Month will be all Compact Tractors from Simplicity, Montgomery Wards Homelites and Allis-Chalmers (Excludes Sunstar, Ultima type compacts) Ex: A/C 720, Powermax, Simplicity 4041 and Wards Twin-20.

1. For club (paid) members only.

2. Allis, Homelite or Simplicity badged tractors are eligible.. Later on, other tractors will be allowed.

3. The selection committee will determine each monthly criteria.

4. They can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuilt - as called by the committee.

5. Narrative and pictures are required - to tell its story, and why it is deserving of being the Club's tractor of the month. Tractors that do not meet theme criteria will be removed by the comitteee.

6. Members can enter a tractor multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once they've won, they cannot submit it again for a year on any subject.

7. Each contest will have four week submission period followed by club membership voting for a two period after that. When a winner of that period is announced a new subject will be presented.

8. At the end of the year, we will have a separate contest of the previous winners for Tractor of the Year, with a bigger prize.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added by Kent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is now open for members to enter their own tractor. The newly-formed committee will determine future categories.

Post your entry as a reply to this topic, with pictures and a story -- sufficient to convince club members that it is deserving of being the club's Tractor of the Month.

Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

Once the nomination period is over, this topic will be locked, and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in this topic.

B10Dave

:) I would like to nominate my AC 620 for tractor of the month for August. I found this tractor in the classifieds section of this site on the day the ad expired. I contacted the owner and he said mine was the only reply he had received. We struck a deal and a time for me to pick it up. I live in southern Ontario and the tractor was in western Mass. Nice road trip and a pleasant visit with previous owner. I was very happy to acquire a 620 size tractor for a very reasonable $675. It came as a bare bones tractor with no attachments, but I have since found and purchased all the three point hitch parts, a mower deck with mule drive and a snow blower. After I got it home I found out the belly pan was missing in action so I emailed the PO who replied that he had it and had forgot to reinstall it after replacing the twin drive belts. Now the dilemma was how to get a large awkward piece of sheet steel from there to here. I attend an antique truck show in Balston Spa N.Y. every Sept. so I asked if he would hold on to it til next Sept. That was no problem. In the interval before the show came up again I did some horse trading with Larry 8200 in N.H. That Sept. I got to meet Larry and do our trades; visit for an evening;drink some beer;and pick up the belly sheet metal and go to the truck show, all in one 5 day stretch. I am glad I had the opportunity to meet Larry as he passed the following spring and I am sure all of us on the site miss his posts and tractor finds. My 620 has all original paint. I say it is in it's working clothes. Here are some pictures of my 620...Dave

62001.jpg

Flo098.jpg

KVP2011004.jpg

62001.jpg.b72ddc32918a23c5d57ad98e05be25a6.jpg

Flo098.jpg.1e310f1f40892545d024834ef11fddaf.jpg

KVP2011004.jpg.d72ae03280ca74aca120cddbaaac80d2.jpg

shovelhead

Well guys I'm tired of seeing Dave sit here by himself and in the spirit of the contest I will put up my original 720. There is nothing special that I have done just was lucky enough to be able to buy from the second owner. It is a nice turn key tractor that has always been maintained by the local dealership. I do need to get me a good black seat for it yellow just isn't right. Its new though...LOL8D

P1010935.JPG

P1010931.JPG

P1010935.JPG.31ab8385ac1e9466a43180faf745c7dd.JPG

P1010931.JPG.ca52a5f7027af44aba70c2ff3bfdaf61.JPG