Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sb64

What does BGB Mean?

sb64

I feel like an idiot asking this now after 250+ posts, but what does BGB actually stand for. The reason why I never asked before, is because I've always had small frame tractors.

midnightpumpkin

Ryan,

I was probably on this forum for a year before I found out what it meant, so don't feel like the only one with that question.

BGB stands for Bevel Gear Box, the itermediate gear box that changes direction 90 degrees in the middle of the tractor.

John U

steve-wis

From the posts on here from guys with large frame tractors, BGB seems to stand for "problems and trouble"! Having all small frame tractors myself, I can see the humor in that.

Steve

Brettw

It is good that people ask. We have all been there at one time. BGB? RBT? FDT? If I hadn't asked I wouldn't know either.

As it is, I have the KTII driving the BGB on my RBT to power the PTO for the VAC.:o)

Willy
quote:Originally posted by Brettw

It is good that people ask. We have all been there at one time. BGB? RBT? FDT? If I hadn't asked I wouldn't know either.As it is, I have the KTII driving the BGB on my RBT to power the PTO for the VAC.:o)

id="quote">
id="quote">Hey Brett What dose S/A stand for??:D

blangkabel

This post made me laugh because I have been trying to figure that BGB thing out for awhile now. The other day I almost posted the same question but didn't because I felt like a idiot. I just wanted to thank you for asking and for all the positive feedback, it makes it easier for others to ask about things they otherwise wouldn't have. P.S get ready for a lot of questions from me!!! lol

B110guy

When I first joined it took me a loooong time reading to figure out the acronyms and what they all meant. After 2 years, I'd suggest a "sticky" post with a list of them for the new people. Until then, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

B110guy

fishnwiz

Look on You Tube for a video by member Zippo Varga (See Homelite T16 post for link to the vid)...He has an

extensive vid on what to look for on a BGB.

Welcome to all the new members, remember, there are NO stupid questions on this web site. The people here are great people who would never belittle anyone for their questions.

Willy
quote:Originally posted by MikeES

Don't be afraid to ask...many of us are bad spellers and what we post may not be an acronym at all. sm00

id="quote">
id="quote">Hey MikeI are a good speeler it Jest my Engagish needs help.:Q:o)Try this, it's easy for us, that have trouble spelling. Here's another trick of Doctor Dementia to test your skills....I've seen this with the letters out of order, but this is the first time I've seen it with numbers. Good example of a Brain Study: If you can read this OUT LOUD, you have a strong mind. And better than that:Alzheimer's is a long long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you.7H15 M3554G353RV35 7O PR0V3H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4ND0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG17 WA5 H4RD BU7N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3Y0UR M1ND 1SR34D1NG 174U70M471C4LLYW17H 0U7 3V3N7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,B3 PROUD! 0NLYC3R741N P30PL3 C4NR3AD 7H15.PL3453 F0RW4RD 1FU C4N R34D 7H15.To my 'selected' strange-minded friends: If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends with 'yes' in the subject line. Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!If you can read this, you have a strange mind, too.Can you read this? Only 55 people out of 100 can.I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

good1369

Hey B110Guy, got any pictures (drive train, etc) of your 46 sickle mower? I picked one up and am trying to make it work on 7119. Had short belt on it when it got it. Won't got to PTO. Got a 98 inch belt that will drive it but not so good. What RPM do you run your motor at? Thanks for the info

Jim S. good1369