Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
broad728moor

300/400 series 42" mower deck

broad728moor

I'm having issues putting blades on this deck, I've got the spring washers, shouldered washers, lock washers, and 1.5"x7/16" bolts. The parts manual shows spindle, blade, spring washer, shouldered washer, lock washer, bolt in that order, but that can't be right because the shouldered washer has to go through the blade to center it. The biggest problem I'm having is the shouldered washer is too long, by that I mean it sticks through the blade so I can't tighten the blade. I know I must be doing it wrong, I've tried endless combinations. Someone please enlighten me. dz

photo_zps54ee559a.jpg

photo_zpsa6636dc6.jpg

photo_zpsd58c48a9.jpg

PhanDad

Wrong spring washer I believe. Looks like a "new" Simplicity type spring washer in your pic. The spring washers for the A/C right discharge decks have a spring washer with a large hole that the shoulder washer goes thru.

I'll try to fine some pics and post.

CooterDavenport

It doesn't look like those are the correct spring washers. The right ones should be cupped and the shouldered washer should go through it and the blade.

broad728moor

Thanks guys, I was thinking all night last night and all morning today that I had to have the wrong spring washers, thank you for confirming. Now I gotta wait till tomorrow after work to go back to my Simplicity dealer to exchange for the right washers, I hope he has three of them in stock.