Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3310 Double groove to single pulley swap

perry

I am trying to get the correct parts together to swap a mid-PTO double groove pulley to a single pulley set up on a 3310H with a 42" deck . pulleys size's and cross-drive belt size would be great if someone knows them . Thanks .......

I am trying to use a 4" pulley off a B-series deck and it sits to low on the spindle . what pulley should i use on the deck ?. the double V pulley i removed is the bolt on style. I used a pulley off the left side of another double-V PTO for the right side cross-drive . just not sure what pulley setup to use on the mower deck. 01a013_zps336685d1.jpg01a014_zps3b21c2f3.jpg01a012_zpsd9b84d56.jpgDo i need to use the 42" RBT deck pulley size 5.18 O.D.?? but would that make the deck run slower with the 4" pulley that i am useing on the PTO ? .

42pulley.jpg

Perry, look up a parts book for deck 2029959. It's a 48" yellow deck, so it must be for a foot dragger, it has the 5 1/8" bolt on pulley.

I can't say for sure everything on mine is original, but it sure looks like it.

According to Simpletractors, this deck should fit the 110, 112, 210, and 212, but as far as I know, the 110 is short wheel base and won't take a 48" deck ?

The only other thing I can think of is see if the center spindle from a foot dragger deck is taller.

quote:

The only other thing I can think of is see if the center spindle from a foot dragger deck is taller.

id="quote">
id="quote">

yes a FDT is taller

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

I would just use the bolt on 5 1/8" I think and see what it does.If they used it on the 212, it should be okay

id="quote">
id="quote">one problem is the adapter the pulley bolts on is wasted. anyone know what size pulleys and belts they used in the double-V to single belt conversion kit that simplicity offered ?. The pulleys and setup i have now look like they are going to work . even with the pulley sitting low on the mower deck the belt has clearance and shouldn't rub on the deck. now i just need to figure out the proper size cross-drive belt so that will work along with the PTO side belt. Is there a good way to do this without running back and forth to the store buying belts ?. I tried a 48" belt but was to tight. thinking a 48.5 or 49" may work. and of course i don't have those size's laying around .

Run a 1/2" diameter rope around the pulley path, then measure the rope. It will get you close.

An 82" belt is stock for the 42" deck.

quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

Run a 1/2" diameter rope around the pulley path, then measure the rope. It will get you close. An 82" belt is stock for the 42" deck.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks , Thats what i was think about doing with rope. this would be cross drive belt i need.

Perry,I had the adapter for my 48 inch mower to break. I hope this is what you meant when you said the flange was bad.

flange3.jpg

I built one from a hub for mounting weld on sprockets and three bolts that I got at TSC. It basically has studs instead of threaded holes, but works the same way with the pulley.

Newcollar1.jpg

Newcollarandpulley2.jpg

flange3.jpg.6c261c9ee068579189207fadc513aedb.jpg

Newcollar1.jpg.35570419c3239caf3b375807aad03bde.jpg

Newcollarandpulley2.jpg.3d2d90aed587787c5bc9f53da4697099.jpg

quote:Originally posted by HubbardRA

Perry,I had the adapter for my 48 inch mower to break. I hope this is what you meant when you said the flange was bad.

flange3.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">yep that's what is bad on mine.