Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tiller on 7119

Kenh

Today I installed the tiller off the 7116 and put it on the 7119. Simple swap or so I thought. I did have to move the lift kit to the 7119 and that was done some time ago. So I start using the tiller and I can smell hot rubber. I look around a bit and the belt is rubbing on the hydro filter sticking off the side of the transmission. It looks to me the only way around this is a third idler pulley near the cone clutch to raise the belt to clear the filter. I robbed the idler off my old snowblower and there is a hole in the frame located in the right spot. I just need a long bolt and a short spacer to locate the pulley on the right spot. I don't know if this is the "official" way it was done, but I think this will be just fine.

Unless the Sundstrand has the remote filter setup, or if it was a gear or Shuttle tractor, you may very well have the idler pulley you need on the 7116?

The 7116 has the remote filter and the two pulley idler set up.

I wound up just drilling a hole in the frame with 1/2inch bolt and a spacer with the idler on the end. Should work fine as it's on the back side (not tension) of the drive. It just has to make the belt clear the filter.

Thanks for the link to the other thread. :) It confirms what I need to do.

Ken